cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central HAL / Armoury / Aura Downgrade

Voelho
Level 8
Is there a way to downgrade or install an older version of Central ASUS HAL / Armoury Crate / Aura Creator software?
I still have the older installer package (which worked pretty well with my RGB) but it always update itself and with the last update... you know, wild rainbows :(.
8 REPLIES 8

Nate152
Hi Voelho,

Are you able to change the RGB settings?

I'm using the latest version of Armoury Crate and all is working well.

After the updates it should look like this, click the pic to make it bigger.

Hi Natel152!
No, I'm unable to change any RGB setting in Armoury or Aura. Everything seems to be updated (made another unistall > install today) and yet no detection (attach 2)
I also noticed that the CPU Temp and Fan speed meters are not responding.

I have a copy of my system in a backup HD and the RGB controls are still working there with the Armoury version 4.x. something. If it wasn't from months ago I'd catch up from it, but really is not an option right now 😕

Nate152
Unfortunately, if using the uninstall tool and reinstalling didn't fix the issues, the only thing I know to do is a fresh windows install.

This has happened to me only one time where using the uninstall tool and reinstalling didn't fix an issue, reinstalling windows fixed the problem.

Seeing how you're updated and are still having multiple issues, I will suggest doing a fresh windows install.

Update windows and drivers, then install Armoury Crate and run the updates.

All problems should be fixed after this.

Nate152 wrote:
Unfortunately, if using the uninstall tool and reinstalling didn't fix the issues, the only thing I know to do is a fresh windows install.

This has happened to me only one time where using the uninstall tool and reinstalling didn't fix an issue, reinstalling windows fixed the problem.

Seeing how you're updated and are still having multiple issues, I will suggest doing a fresh windows install.

Update windows and drivers, then install Armoury Crate and run the updates.

All problems should be fixed after this.

Armoury Crate/Aura Creator are the only softwares I've ever seen with this kind of solution. I've made a fresh windows installation about two months ago, when shifting to a SSD. It tooked weeks to install and setup everything, not to mention the long backup process for all software's preferences.
I understand that this is not your fault and the suggestion may be a way to solve the problem, but in the end is just a try with a really high time cost.
I've had these problems before, and an Armoury reinstall usually solved, but now, if only the windows reinstalling can solve the problem (have heard this tip before), then the Armoury Uninstall Tool isn't doing its job properly or is pretty useless.

It would be easier, simple, and good for everyone, if the older version could be reinstalled. It may be not updated, but who cares, it works and is stable! I used to set up User profiles, RGB effects, check on system status...
Those who wants the new resources... update it, who doesn't... don't.

Nate152
I know reinstalling windows isn't at the top of everyone's list for a solution. Usually the Armoury Crate uninstall tool does work to fix problems, but on rare occasions when it doesn't, a windows reinstall is needed.

As mentioned, I only ever had to do a windows reinstall one time for an error the uninstall tool couldn't fix.

Nate152 wrote:
I know reinstalling windows isn't at the top of everyone's list for a solution. Usually the Armoury Crate uninstall tool does work to fix problems, but on rare occasions when it doesn't, a windows reinstall is needed.

As mentioned, I only ever had to do a windows reinstall one time for an error the uninstall tool couldn't fix.

Unfortunately this is not my first time with this Armoury - reinstall of windows thing.

Should we expect to play dices at every update to see if our systems will survive just because the light's controller has compatibility problems? It doesn't feel right.
The older version worked for months, something inside Aura/Armoury went wrong.

There should be a way to downgrade, a lot of users would appreciate it.

Voelho wrote:
Unfortunately this is not my first time with this Armoury - reinstall of windows thing.

Should we expect to play dices at every update to see if our systems will survive just because the light's controller has compatibility problems? It doesn't feel right.
The older version worked for months, something inside Aura/Armoury went wrong.

There should be a way to downgrade, a lot of users would appreciate it.

I couldn't agree more. I had a good run with AC over many many months and multiple updates to the app/services.

Now my motherboard or RAM is not detected and the app is very laggy and crashes randomly.

I have also used the uninstall tool and tried to reinstall which has not resolved the issue.

I am not prepared to spend the time reinstalling Windows and all my apps again as that is not a viable solution.

This one is on you Asus and you need to fix it for your customers asap.

MarcioTB
Level 9
I'm having an issue with ASUS Central HAL too, the new version doesn't recognize my memos. I've tried to uninstall/reinstall several times. The solution was a full uninstall and install an old version. The old version I've got installing the "full package installation" downloaded here https://www.asus.com/br/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/
After installed I updated everything except ASUS Central HAL. it's working fine and my memos recognized. Maybe on further ASUS Cntral HAL update I'll try to update it.