Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Instructions for setup say to set up close to each other, then move them further away (in the middle between main router and dead zone). My nodes are in different rooms and/or on different floors...

Have you tried the "Optimization" button?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by jzchen View Post
    Instructions for setup say to set up close to each other, then move them further away (in the middle between main router and dead zone). My nodes are in different rooms and/or on different floors...

Have you tried the "Optimization" button?
    Trust me, I done all that. It randomly connect with 5Ghz backhaul but 90% it goes back to 2.4Ghz and yes I used optimization button many times with no luck. Do you have AXE1600? Do you use Aimesh? Cause everyone having the exact same issue. I also used Merlin firmware but same behavior.

I do have an AXE16000 and AXE11000. Let me pull the Ethernet connection to the AXE11000 and see what happens...

ROG Member Array

I do have an AXE16000 and AXE11000. Let me pull the Ethernet connection to the AXE11000 and see what happens...
    Thank you so much. Also can you keep it unplug for few days and restart the router to see if it goes back to 2.4Ghz? Much appreciated

Hi,

I left it unplugged for a few hours. Once unplugged it set up a 6 GHz backhaul. (I do not have any 6E devices only the two routers). My RT-AX86U lost it's ethernet connection and set up a 5 GHz backhaul. I clicked Optimize and wired backhaul came back for the RT-AX86U. Since my family is also using the internet I'm afraid I stopped testing as it had definite stability issues...

ROG Member Array

With SmartConnect ON I can "Bind" each device to a specific node or the router. (I'll find out soon whether that feature is also available on the AXE16000). (Lyra Voice does not support binding so I don't know all of the models that don't)...
    Can you please help me how to setup smartconnect to bind my nodes to use 5Ghz backhaul? I turned it on but don't really understand what to do next. Much appreciated

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Armand28 View Post
    I did factory resets on both units. I am Worried that if ii is a bios issue then an RMA will not fix it, so I am on the fence.Â*
    Good luck trying to RMA anything with ASUS at the moment. I sent in my old AX11000 a while back and they finally just refunded me. They had no parts to service the router, no replacement router and no "newer" router to replace it with. Very bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by HadiNZ View Post
    Can you please help me how to setup smartconnect to bind my nodes to use 5Ghz backhaul? I turned it on but don't really understand what to do next. Much appreciated
    Sorry for the late response!

Binding only works for WiFi clients/devices, it does not work for nodes. Smart connect does help with device connection as it passes devices to the best frequency it can connect to.

I can only set 5 GHz as a "Backhaul Connection Priority". I can not bind it.

BTW- I turned off all binding. When it gets buggy the device will lose complete connection to the ASUS network. I also leave Backhaul Connection Priority to Auto. I recently added an RP-AX56 to my AiMesh. All of a sudden one of my nodes backhaul was WiFi! I took a screenshot on my phone I will upload it...

Just after adding the RP-AX56 I noticed one node lost Ethernet backhaul.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Screenshot_20220928-191828.png  

I woke up curious about my network and saw some more instability. The AXE16000 is connected via Ethernet to the wall outlet, (Cat 6e in the walls to a central box where I have two 2.5 G unmanaged switches distributing to the whole house). All the nodes are connected similarly to a wall outlet....
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Screenshot_20220930-043220.png  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3