cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with windows drivers!!

Doggoda
Level 7
Rampage vi extreme, Bios ver 3601, Intel® Core™ i9-10940X CPU @ 3.30GHz
Reinstalled Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit) Version (Build) 21H2 (10.0.19044)
twice, installed all windows updates, then latest chip drivers etc. Now I'm getting other device errors, base system device, performance counters, system interrupt controller. I think they're chip and bus drivers! uninstalled, reinstalled from ASUS web and Microsoft with still no avail. Saying no driver for this device. Any help would be appreciated!!!

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2049&SUBSYS_00008086&REV_07
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2049&SUBSYS_00008086
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2049&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2049&CC_0880
26 REPLIES 26

Nate152
Hi Doggoda

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Post us a screenshot of your Device Manager so we can see any missing drivers.

Thank you

Nate152
Thank you,

I see now why you listed the hardware id's.

Are you able to right click on them and update the driver?

Nope, just gives me driver not found. Also did sfc /scannow,,,,chkdsk c:/f

No errors whether it did any good or not ran it anyway!

Ty for your help, never had this much problem reinstalling windows. Went in Bois turned off XMP, only mouse, keyboard connected! Fresh install of windows twice still same thing!

Nate152
You beat me to my next suggestion with sfc /scannow and it didn't find any errors.

Ok,

Install the Intel Management Engine Interface driver and see if any of the devices disappear.

This is found in the Chipset driver section for your motherboard.

https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-rampage/rog-rampage-vi-extreme-model/helpdesk_download

Yes, i installed that one. I downloaded it again and run it just now . It gave me an option to repair it. Nothing!! So then rebooted tried install again same thing!!

Just thinking, could i click on each of base system device problems etc and uninstall them form safe mode if it will let me and try the driver again? Or i could try to reinstall windows with internet disconnected and before using windows update install the chip set driver first???

Doggoda wrote:
Just thinking, could i click on each of base system device problems etc and uninstall them form safe mode if it will let me and try the driver again? Or i could try to reinstall windows with internet disconnected and before using windows update install the chip set driver first???

Can you just right click the unknow device and check gor the hardware id as mention by Nate152.

Right click the device, select properties, follow by cliking on detail, on the device description select hardware ids and capture the screen tp post the screen for forums member to help you.