cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi) BIOS 2803 not valid

enchanter
Level 9
Has anyone successfully applied BIOS 2803 (no longer beta) to their ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi) motherboard?

When I download the BIOS from the "B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi)" download area and extract it, the CAP file is missing "WIFI" in the name. Earlier BIOS versions (like 2604) do have "WIFI" in the CAP file name.

Also, if I try run the BIOS Renamer on it, I ended up with a file named "RSB550FG.CAP", not the expected RB550FGW.CAP.

EZ Update 3 refuses to load it.

I'm not sure if ASUS linked to the wrong BIOS from the download page or it's the correct BIOS but just named incorrectly, but either way it's frustrating. I would really like to get this particular Agesa applied.
2 REPLIES 2

Erwin05
Level 10

Erwin05 wrote:
I downloaded this bios and i dont have your problem.

https://rog.asus.com/nl/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b550-f-gaming-wi-fi-model/helpdesk_bios

Thanks Erwin05! That's the model I have, but for some reason I was getting a different BIOS file.

I was pretty careful to make sure I had selected the correct motherboard before posting here, but it's certainly possible I screwed something up.

In any case, I used your URL to get the correct BIOS and 2803 seems to have completely fixed the stuttering issue I was seeing sometimes, so it's a great improvement.

Thanks for your post!