cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690-I issues with GPU (RTX2080)

Frazinator
Level 8
Hey all,

I'm having GPU stability issues with my Z690-I mobo. (using a ASUS ROG RTX 2080).

Hardware:
ASUS ROG Strix Z690-I
ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080
ASUS ROG Strix 850W Thor PSU
Intel 12900K
G.SKill DDR5 ram (2x 16gb)
2x Samsung 980 PRO 2TB M.2 SSDs in RAID1

I've tried setting ASPM to disabled and disabled native power management for the PCIE slot.

I've tried setting the PCIE slot to Gen 3 and Gen 4.

I've tried swapping out my riser cable from a PCIE 3.0 to a PCIE 4.0 (NO CHANGE AT ALL)

Most other settings in BIOS are default but i've tried basically everything in the BIOS settings including

I was able to get the GPU to work when i booted windows from the IGPU graphics, entered bios, whilst within the BIOS i connected the GPU then booted windows then it worked but then as soon as i started rendering 3D objects (Gaming), it crashed.

I can't boot windows with the GPU attached. It just crashes, black screen.

I've updated the bios to the latest 1505.

Any advice?
7 REPLIES 7

Frazinator
Level 8
Bump

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Frazinator,
Does the black screens issue also occur on bios 1505 with bios all default settings?
If the display is working fine with iGPU, have you tried with another graphics card?
Thank you.

The issue was with the rtx2080. When I swapped it out with an rtx3070, it was working despite being connected via a pcie 3.0 riser cable

also i wanne know what happens if you only use one stick i have the same issues with my 3080 the card works everywhere all other cards works in the system the 3080 dont work inn. but it works if i use only one ddr5 stick so at this point i hate ddr5

deconade
Level 8
can i ask what ram sticks u have like the full name

ahfoo
Level 13
Remove your card from riser or whatever, insert the GPU directly into your mobo PCIe. Go into your bios and set your primary display to to your GPU. See if you can access to window sat least.