cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus rog maximus xIII hero chipset idle 75°c

amancio74
Level 7
asus rog maximus xIII hero chipset
asus rog maximus xIII hero chipset idle 75°c I have everything with liquid cooling cpu, gpu
and it doesn't go down. what can i do? i have 14 fans of 140 gpu 30-50 °c
cpu °29-45 °c but the chip at 75 °c+
4 REPLIES 4

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
There are lots of threads about this on Asus z590 boards. Disabling some of the PCH ports (unused USB, Ethernet. etc), can help a little. And disabling Thunderbolt ports in BIOS reduces the temperature significantly.

There is a plastic shroud with the Asus RGB logo on top of the chipset heatsink. You can remove that. But I think that doesn't seem to help much. Maybe if you could also place a fan near it.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

You have 14 fans, but are you actually getting good airflow across the board? It's a different chipset, but my new AMD X570S was frequently sitting up at 75C while I was still building my system and didn't have the glass side panels installed (ROG Strix Helios case). Once I got the side panels installed, the front to back airflow improved significantly, and the chipset is significantly cooler. Essentially, I was losing a lot of the airflow out of the open side of the case, rather than channelling it across the motherboard.

Thermaltake the Tower 900 2 EKWB EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 PWM D-RGB 2 Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 280mm Radiator with 8 fans 2 upstream 2 behind 1 under the chipset and one more on the right side I get fresh air to the radiator of the gpu

thanks geneo it's working it's already at 65°c9376693766