cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G512LW-XS78 15.6 '' laptop I7-10750H - RTX 2070 8GB Rog Strix

AgentHunk
Level 8
Is it normal under load/gaming to reach 95 degrees?
had it for year and a half cleaned 4 times used a havitt cooler pad whole time.

Idle

gaming

I am not having issues like ****downs or anything like that.
evrything seems fine,
although I am bit curious and worried.
need a outside opinion.

I am not going to worry about changing paste,because Asus made a Decision to have All their Rog Laptop models to liquid metal for both chips to solve the heating issues...
I did some reading back when I first got this laptop, around Dec 2020,
and the statements said, all laptops would get liquid metal by the that quarter of that year, and since I got New-inbox replacement I figured I got lucky.
not having to worry about paste,but only liquid metal.

the only thing I need to know is how long down the road, is it until you change the liquid metal?

One such Article among many:
https://www.pcgamer.com/asus-rog-gaming-laptops-will-soon-be-using-liquid-metal-to-lower-temps/
2 REPLIES 2

g15squonk
Level 7
AgentHunk wrote:

Idle

gaming

evrything seems fine,
need a outside opinion.

I am not going to worry about changing paste,because Asus made a Decision to have All their Rog Laptop models to liquid metal for both chips to solve the heating issues...
and the statements said, all laptops would get liquid metal by the that quarter of that year, and since I got New-inbox replacement I figured I got lucky.

the only thing I need to know is how long down the road, is it until you change the liquid metal?

https://www.pcgamer.com/asus-rog-gaming-laptops-will-soon-be-using-liquid-metal-to-lower-temps/

Asus pushed out either an armoury crate update or bios update that capped fan speeds at about 1000 under max rpm for most people. You're likely seeing the result of that.

My q4 2020 g512lw went from 7200rpm capped to 6400rpm on both CPU and GPU fan. Temperatures have increased by more than 10° c.

Apparently other g15 users have submitted complaints and they're going to "fix" it sometime "soon".

Fingers crossed!

Rzeznik89
Level 7
AgentHunk wrote:

Idle

gaming

evrything seems fine,
need a outside opinion.

You can undervolt but this is problem with fans speed i had 6400 RPM MAX, but now its only work on turbo