New ROGer Array

(Laptops) BIOS update to fix ftpm stutter + add ability to disable ftpm?

Hello, I've been trying to get answers from ASUS folks on ZenTalk for ages now, but someone suggested I could try here as well, so here goes.

When does ASUS plan to release BIOS updates for Laptops that have AMD CPUs so as to fix the AMD fTPM stutter issue and also give us the ability to disable fTPM? It's really aggravating how desktop users are both allowed to disable the faulty fTPM and are being given the fix ASAP while us laptop users that can't disable it aren't even given a timeframe as to when we can expect to recieve the fix.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Hamstray View Post
    Hello, I've been trying to get answers from ASUS folks on ZenTalk for ages now, but someone suggested I could try here as well, so here goes.

When does ASUS plan to release BIOS updates for Laptops that have AMD CPUs so as to fix the AMD fTPM stutter issue and also give us the ability to disable fTPM? It's really aggravating how desktop users are both allowed to disable the faulty fTPM and are being given the fix ASAP while us laptop users that can't disable it aren't even given a timeframe as to when we can expect to recieve the fix.
    Hello Hamstray,

I've been reading and checking your post on zentalk for last couple of weeks now. I could clearly see Asus Support don't give a damn to our "fTPM" problem. I've been also suffering from this problem since I bought my laptop last year. G17 Ryzen 5900HX and Nvidia 3070. I too wish have the option to disable this root of the problem but they key insisting there "ARE" other cause on this micro stuttering even though AMD already confirm that it was the cause. If they couldn't provide a fix or ability to disable "fTPM" so are we just gonna suffer for good this micro stuttering? If only we could let somebody do a legal action against ASUS for failing to provide satisfactory fix or answer to our known and confirm problem.

New ROGer Array

Same issue here, specifically after fresh restart.

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by Hamstray View Post

As previously answered in the Zentalk, there may be many reasons for the stutters, including ssd, ram, cpu...,etc. We need to confirm the actual situation you are experiencing before we can know the reason. We sincerely hope that you can go to our service center to have further inspection. Sorry for any inconvenience it may cause. Thank you for your continuous support and patronage to ASUS.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon@ROG View Post
    As previously answered in the Zentalk, there may be many reasons for the stutters, including ssd, ram, cpu...,etc. We need to confirm the actual situation you are experiencing before we can know the reason. We sincerely hope that you can go to our service center to have further inspection. Sorry for any inconvenience it may cause. Thank you for your continuous support and patronage to ASUS.
    Seriously? How much testing do you want? AMD already admitted that those micro stutters are cause fTPM. Just give as the option to disable it. I've suffering from these problem since last year. Every day, I check My Asus App for any bios update but until now nothing nor news for future patches for these problem.

Even playing youtube we still suffer micro stuttering. Come on, YOUTUBE! Its YOUTUBE! Ryzen 5900HX with no additional program running.

Ok so if we send our units on Service Centers that you "REALLY" wanna do. After weeks of waiting they just send it back to use telling us that there is no problem with the unit/s. Tell me, can you or will you pay us for wasting our time for sending and waiting for non-promising option to us.

All we ask is to ability or option to disable fTPM via BIOS. Not everybody is keen on upgrading to Win11 yet. ITS OUR purchased product from you. You have at least a responsibility to provide fixes to your products because this is clearly not an insulated case. Everybody is suffering micro stutter especially laptop that comes with Ryzen CPU. Maybe some or mostly of people choose to quietly wait for the fix but some minority are eager be heard. Imagine we are playing ESPORTS, then micro stutter destroy the match because of these prevailing problem but you ASUS choose to ignore because for you we just are minority.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon@ROG View Post
    I'm very tired of your refusal to answer the actual question of when ASUS will release the BIOS update to fix the fTPM issue and allow us to disable fTPM for our laptops and instead continue to distract by claiming maybe my laptop specifically is suffering from something else. I don't care. It doesn't matter. I'm asking about the BIOS update. You know that. You're deliberately wasting time.

I can't think of a single reason for you to keep doing this unless ASUS in fact is just planning to throw all AMD laptop users under the bus and let us suffer these micro-stutters that we'll never be able to convince ASUS tech support is caused by the fTPM because they have an invested interest in not accepting it.