cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undervolt 12900ks on z690 rog maaximus extreme

jbmerrill1954
Level 7
Hi,

I'm having trouble finding the uefi settings to undervolt my cpu by approximately -0.100 volts permanently. I can do it with intel xtreme tuning utility and aisuite iii but can't tell where to do it in the bios. I would prefer not to have to do it every time i enter windows. I will continue searching posts, but thought I would try asking the community too.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

B.
4 REPLIES 4

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
jbmerrill1954 wrote:
Hi,

I'm having trouble finding the uefi settings to undervolt my cpu by approximately -0.100 volts permanently. I can do it with intel xtreme tuning utility and aisuite iii but can't tell where to do it in the bios. I would prefer not to have to do it every time i enter windows. I will continue searching posts, but thought I would try asking the community too.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

B.

Hello,

This can be achieve by adjusting the VF Curve points from within Extreme Tweaker or adjusting the AC_LL parameters. By how much this can be achieved for a given frequency depends on the CPU sample.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Hi,

I think I saw the voltage frequency curve settings, but that would be setting all cores individually i believe, correct (i think i saw offset available)? Isn't there just one single setting available for this? Also, what are the AC_LL parameters and where would I find them please?

Thanks much for your reply.

B.

jbmerrill1954 wrote:
Hi,

I think I saw the voltage frequency curve settings, but that would be setting all cores individually i believe, correct (i think i saw offset available)? Isn't there just one single setting available for this? Also, what are the AC_LL parameters and where would I find them please?

Thanks much for your reply.

B.

The curve adjustment allows voltage offsets for all p cores at points along the V/F Curve depending on your target frequency, so you need to determine what you want that to be when undervolting.

AC_LL can be found within the internal power management menu. Below are some recommended values based on the LLC set. More info here

LLC#1
DC_LL = 1.7
AC_LL = 0.60

LLC#2
DC_LL = 1.46
AC_LL = 0.50

LLC#3
DC_LL 1.1
AC_LL 0.35

LLC#4
DC_LL 0.98
AC_LL 0.30
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Okay, thanks much. I will look into this.

B.