cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with AI Suite 3 and Ai Charger

mahmhr
Level 8
hi I have problem with Ai Charger. my motherboard is ASUS PRIME B560M-A I installed the AI Suite 3 with any way possible (trough motherboard DVD drive or ARMOURY CRATE or download from ASUS) and installed Ai Charger (trough motherboard DVD drive or ARMOURY CRATE or download from ASUS). there isn't anything about Ai Charger in the AI Suite 3 (there is not any icon (or anything about Ai Charger) on the top-right corner of the AI Suite 3 main menu. anyone knows what is the problem and how can I deal with it?
thankyou in advance. sorry for my English
10 REPLIES 10

katlani
Level 9
The AI Charger is actually a seperated icon on your taskbar, not integrated within AI Suite III software.

katlani wrote:
The AI Charger is actually a seperated icon on your taskbar, not integrated within AI Suite III software.

well based on what ASUS said there should be an icon on top-right corner of AI Suite 3, which there isn't any icon or menu there. beside how am I going to enable this feature because after I installed The AI Charger there is icon in my taskbar that has red cross on it and after I connected my Samsung galaxy M32 to the motherboard USB ports, nothing happened and that icon still has a red cross on it?
I think this feature must be enabled but I don't know how to do that?

katlani
Level 9
I see, to be honest I have isntalled it seperately since it did not come within my ASUS AI Suite III version (my version might be older due to an older motherboard model), and I have never actually wondered about this functionality. Hence, maybe on newer versions it is also integrated within AI Suite III and not as a separated installment.

If i plug in a mouse dock which charges the mouse, do you think it should also be listed there?

katlani wrote:
I see, to be honest I have isntalled it seperately since it did not come within my ASUS AI Suite III version (my version might be older due to an older motherboard model), and I have never actually wondered about this functionality. Hence, maybe on newer versions it is also integrated within AI Suite III and not as a separated installment.

If I plug in a mouse dock which charges the mouse, do you think it should also be listed there?
to be honest I really don't know. But if i am not mistaken this feature is about fast charging so your device must also support fast charge. ASUS motherboard (at least the one I have) is not user friendly at all, I mean there is only certain type of RAM (vendor) that you can use on ASUS motherboards (I used TwinMOS on Prime B560M-A and it didn't work (the ram was fine) and I had to buy the RAM that ASUS recommended)
there is icon in system trey after I installed AI Charger but it has red cross on it (even when I connect my galaxy M32 to my motherboard USBs). and when I click on that icon nothing happened like there isn't any menu or any thing only When I move the mouse cursor on the icon it said "ASUS AI Charger".
when you connect your phone to your motherboard usb's is it properly connected? or it has a red cross on the icon ( ASUS AI Charger) in system trey
sorry for my English, its not my native language

katlani
Level 9
My phone is a bit old so it wont be a good candidate, but when I plug in a brand new Razer Mouse Dock, it is still showing the red X so might be only specific hardware is supported or the software is simply fubar.

katlani wrote:
My phone is a bit old so it wont be a good candidate, but when I plug in a brand new Razer Mouse Dock, it is still showing the red X so might be only specific hardware is supported or the software is simply fubar.
well if it is only supported by specific hardware they should have mentioned in the manual which they didn't. did you try an iPhone on it? if yes what model? and is it working?
I don't know if software has problem but I updated everything. the thing is last update about ASUS AI charger is 2020/10/19 which is a little bit odd that after two years they didn't update it.

katlani
Level 9
I only have a SAMSUNG Galaxy S9 and that Razer Docker and both are not triggering anything within the software 😞

katlani wrote:
I only have a SAMSUNG Galaxy S9 and that Razer Docker and both are not triggering anything within the software 😞

I sent a message to Asus Technical Support, here is the answer they gave me:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
ASUS
Customer Service Feedback

Hi Mahdi,

Sorry for the late reply, After confirm this function can only work with Iphone / IPAD / IPOD devices.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I think that is all.
to the moderator please close this thread.

katlani
Level 9
.. and yet nothing mentioned on the installation notes 😞

thanks for updating.