cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor problem (Asus pg329q + RTX 2070) Question

mail_run
Level 7
Hello! Sorry for my English

I bought a new asus pg329q monitor. It is impossible to play games with fps below the monitor's hertz even at 90 fps (video attached), not to mention 60 fps

The picture blurs when the camera is rotated. The effect is similar to Motion Blur

Only playable starting at 120+ fps

YouTube videos are blurry too

- windows 10 pro

- monitor asus pg329q (165Hz)

- connected via displayport

- percent 8700k

- card 2070

- mother ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING

- 32 oz

- tried different options vert. sync via control panel. nvidia (disabled, vsync, gsync)

- changed Override options on the monitor

- reinstalled windows

- changed the DP cable

- reinstalled with DDU video card driver

Those in Asus support say it's not the monitor, they're probably right

Please tell me how to fix the problem

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bhOKKtlDog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpWHgzSwtKY
7 REPLIES 7

mail_run
Level 7
Hello! Sorry for my English

I bought a new asus pg329q monitor. It is impossible to play games with fps below the monitor's hertz even at 90 fps (video attached), not to mention 60 fps

The picture blurs when the camera is rotated. The effect is similar to Motion Blur

Only playable starting at 120+ fps

YouTube videos are blurry too

- windows 10 pro

- monitor asus pg329q (165Hz)

- connected via displayport

- percent 8700k

- card 2070

- mother ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING

- 32 oz

- tried different options vert. sync via control panel. nvidia (disabled, vsync, gsync)

- changed Override options on the monitor

- reinstalled windows

- changed the DP cable

- reinstalled with DDU video card driver

Those in Asus support say it's not the monitor, they're probably right

Please tell me how to fix the problem

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bhOKKtlDog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpWHgzSwtKY

xeromist
Your system captures don't illustrate the problem I don't think? Try watching your linked videos on another device and see if you still see the issue. You might have to record the screen with your cellphone to capture what you are seeing.

Do you still have an older monitor or perhaps a TV you can connect to your PC as a test? Also you might want to try HDMI to the monitor to see if that looks any different.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Your system captures don't illustrate the problem I don't think? Try watching your linked videos on another device and see if you still see the issue. You might have to record the screen with your cellphone to capture what you are seeing.

Do you still have an older monitor or perhaps a TV you can connect to your PC as a test? Also you might want to try HDMI to the monitor to see if that looks any different.

Thanks for the answer
- I watched these videos on other devices, the problem remains.
That is, I understand the problem in the video card?
- But when I connect my computer to a 60Hz TV there is no problem
- If you connect a monitor via HDMI, things get even worse since GSYNC only works via displayport

xeromist
Gsync prevents tearing, not blur. So testing without gsync is something you should probably do anyway.

I looked at your videos again. The outdoor scene from SCUM has so many artifacts from Youtube compression it's impossible to tell. Youtube hates grass. The hangar video doesn't look blurry to me, just compressed. Perhaps I'm not sensitive to whatever is bothering you.

Still, I recommend testing different configurations as that will help you pinpoint what is causing your concern. Try with HDMI as well as DP. Gsync on & off. Vsync on & off. Different refresh rates, etc.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Nate152
Hello,

I'd try what xeromist suggests with G-sync - V-sync off, preferably with a displayport cable.

The ROG Swift PG329Q is 1440p 175Hz, I'd expect good performance with an RTX 2070 but you shouldn't break 175FPS, therefore no G-sync or V-sync should be needed.

Double check in the Nvidia control panel the refresh rate is set to 175Hz and G-sync - V-sync is turned off.

Do games play any better after trying this?

Hello!
Thanks for the advice, guys
I experimented with different types of synchronization (Vsync, Gsync, Adaptive, Fast)
Overclocked the monitor to 175HZ
Best result: Gsync - ON, Vsync - OFF. and "nvidia low latency mode" - ON
At 100+ fps it's normal to play, but it's impossible to play at 60 - 80 fps
And video below 60 fps is not possible to watch(

xeromist
Does it have the same problem with HDMI from your PC to the monitor? I find it strange if connecting to a TV has less blur than gaming monitor when both are using the same connection, or that it would be so blurry as to be unplayable at low frame rate. Are you sure you are seeing blur and not some sort of stuttering?