cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current state of using CORSAIR DOMINATOR DDR5 5600 CL36 with ROG STRIX Z690-E Mobo

kcroberge
Level 7
I've read a number of posts here and on other forums about issues with DDR5 RAM with speeds above 4800 not being recognized with this motherboard, or just not working at all. Many of these posts seems to be from last November, December, and January time frame.

I've just ordered these parts to start a new build. Have these issues been resolved? What steps should I follow from the beginning to get to a stable build? I am not looking to do much OC'ing, just want it to run with as little frustration as possible.

Thanks for any info.
3 REPLIES 3

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Most difficulty this generation comes from users mixing/combining memory kits. 5600CL36 2x16 should be fine. You can post back if you're experiencing trouble stabilising the overclock.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

If you want 64GB of RAM then go with a 2x32GB kit. These motherboards only have a problem hitting the rated RAM speeds when 4 sticks are installed. 4x16 = bad 2x32 = good.

Thanks for the info. I am starting with 2x16 so should be good. If prices come down over time I'll swap with the 2x32.

I've read not to put an NVME PCIe drive in the top m.2 slot, anything else I should know before I start building?