cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Admin Login Page Does NOT Trigger Browser's Password Manager

dpwhite
Level 9
I have a new Asus GS-AX3000 and so far I like it alot. But one thing that is troubling is that the router's admin login page does NOT trigger the password manager in my browser. I use Firefox and it is 100% up to date. I notice that it DOES trigger the one in Chrome. But I don't use Chrome, I use Firefox. This is mostly an issue because I use a randomly generated, long, and obscure password to protect the router. And manually entering this all the time is really unpleasant. I have checked and it is NOT because the router's login page refuses to accept pasted data. So I cannot figure out why this is happening. Thanks for any information/tips.
5 REPLIES 5

ahfoo
Level 13
It supposed to be the firefox issue., If other browser not having any issue.

Saltgrass
Level 13
On my Firefox and an AXE16000, the password was prompted, along with other options for different passwords. If yours is not, possibly some settings in Firefox could be changed or the password is inappropriate. You might try a simple one for testing.

Are you using Windows?
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Actual IP address or router.asus.com?

May try this https setup. I wonder if it will help...

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1034294/

Saltgrass wrote:
On my Firefox and an AXE16000, the password was prompted, along with other options for different passwords. If yours is not, possibly some settings in Firefox could be changed or the password is inappropriate. You might try a simple one for testing.

Are you using Windows?

Yes indeed, it is Windows 10. But I also see this behavior using Opera on Android. Cheers and thanks.

Saltgrass wrote:

Are you using Windows?

This is embarrassing... I just discovered that a setting had been changed somehow in my Firefox install. Not sure when, where, how. Perhaps as a result of a FF update? I don't know. But I feel rather silly here. Sorry!

Regards Opera, I read here that "If autocomplete="off" is present on the form and or the password input, that tells the browser not to ask to save your login info." And inspecting the page in Firefox, I can see this:

So I guess that is what is happening there. Thanks for all and sorry for the bother.