cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW G73JW-A1 Display Driver Stopped Responding help!

Retired
Not applicable
Hello, recently just bought this G73jw-A1, upon starting, I already had issue with display driver nvidia windows kernel mode driver stopped responding and has recovered or just simply display driver nvidia windows driver stopped respond and has recovered.

At first i thought it was my driver that needs updated. Hence, I had updating issues to 260.99, and I did a google search, followed the bumped thread and I managed to update that successfully.

However, the issue relapsed again, even till today! 😞 Occasionally, frequently at times without any consistent behaviour or known reasons. Please tell me how do I fix that?

A total driver uninstall and reinstall? Is this possible? Or should I just send it to the service center? Though the main thing is, I didn't want my laptop to be away for quite some time despite due to my needs of using it at the moment.

If you can, please, I gratefully appreciate your help especially I'm kinda noob at these. Eg if a total reinstall driver? Any ways I can follow a guide to do it cleanly etc?

Cheers!
3 REPLIES 3

Chastity
Level 10
I have a sticky for Driver and Application updates in the G73 forum list

I would update your Intel Chipset software, your SATA drivers, and your video drivers to 265.66 for starters. You can also browse the list for other updates.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
Firstly, thanks alot Chastity.
I followed your advic yesterday and did my updates.
It still happens, and it just happened twice consecutively, this is what i copied to clipboard. And it is hoarding me with this issue affecting my gameplay.

Source
Windows

Summary
Video hardware error

Date
‎1/‎15/‎2011 1:13 AM

Status
Not reported

Description
A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem
WD-20110115-0113.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 117
BCP1: FFFFFA8017E944E0
BCP2: FFFFF88010246F28
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
------------
its happening more frequent than ever now in fact.. please advice me what other methods should i do..
a clean uninstall-reinstall? =(

Chastity
Level 10
If you are willing to do a fresh install of Win 7, then by all means do so. It's better tho do that than constantly pull your hair out trying to fix some elusive error which may very well be from legacy or corrupt registry entries.

You can also try uninstalling the video drivers, running Driver Sweeper 2.8.0, then running CCleaner (Registry Sweep), then installing the new 265.96 driver pack. (Available on my Driver page)
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]