New ROGer Array

Armoury Crate / Aura Sync, can't sync Corsair dominator platinum DDR5 RGB RAM

Hi,

I've searched all over and tried many things and cannot get my 4x32GB modules of 5200Mhz DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB RAM to sync with Aura. They are showing as Aura Sync devices, but the RGB won't sync or change in any way. I have the latest Armoury Crate and iCue 4 installed, and if the RAM shows up in iCue (only occasionally), I end up with a triangle stating it has lost communication with the DRAM. I do have the Corsair memory plugin for Aura Sync installed. I am at a loss as to how to proceed. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,

B.

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by jbmerrill1954 View Post
    Hi,

I've searched all over and tried many things and cannot get my 4x32GB modules of 5200Mhz DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB RAM to sync with Aura. They are showing as Aura Sync devices, but the RGB won't sync or change in any way. I have the latest Armoury Crate and iCue 4 installed, and if the RAM shows up in iCue (only occasionally), I end up with a triangle stating it has lost communication with the DRAM. I do have the Corsair memory plugin for Aura Sync installed. I am at a loss as to how to proceed. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,

B.
    Corsair / Asus collaboration is ridiculous.
    If something does not work and you ask Asus, it's a Corsair problem,
    if you ask Corsair, it's an Asus problem.

Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar

Armoury Crate V5.2.12.0 just rolled out. Please install and give it a try.
    An official issue reporting thread will be open next week should you have any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmerrill1954 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks in advance,

B.

Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar

Please do not spam the forum with such posts. You are mixing different sticks of memory. we have advised against this, Corsair has advised against this, other experienced people have also advised against this. Cosair and ROG have NOT been pushing the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by sblantipodi View Post
    Corsair / Asus collaboration is ridiculous.
    If something does not work and you ask Asus, it's a Corsair problem,
    if you ask Corsair, it's an Asus problem.

ROG Enthusiast Array MJr418 PC Specs
    MJr418 PC Specs
    MotherboardPrime x570-p
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 3600
    Memory (part number)4 x 8gb Vengeance pro RGB
    Graphics Card #1KO GeForce RTX 3070 V2 OC Edition
    MonitorDual LG 24"
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Evo
    CPU CoolerCM 212 Hyper BE RGB
    Casenot branded case
    Power SupplyThermaltake Toughpower
    Keyboard Logitech G815
    Mouse Logitech G600
    Headset Logitech G pro
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Stereo Speakers
    OS Windows 10 pro
    Accessory #1 aRGB Fans
    Accessory #2 aRGB Strip

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ROG View Post
    Cosair and ROG have NOT been pushing the blame.
    I asked Corsair about Triangle problem from time to time so they said:

If you have any other RGB controlling software such as Armoury Crate you will need to remove it.
    So corsair want me to lose all control and setting for my system just to fix RAM's aRGB and I refused to do it and told them I'll not do it.

they replied with:

CORSAIR Support (Corsair)

Dec 9, 2021, 13:53 PST

Hi

We are helping you troubleshoot the root of the issue. If you do not remove AC, how will you control the DRAM?

ASUS software is known to cause conflicts with RGB control of our DRAM. Please follow the previously provided instructions.
    Anyway, both softwares conflict somehow, everyone wanna take control, so I disable icue from windows's start, after windows starts and Armoury take control (5mins later) I open icue and then everything works fine unless my pc sleep and wake up, it get missed up and need to restart and do same steps again.
    Last edited by MJr418; 07-30-2022 at 01:09 AM. Reason: typo

ROG Member Array

For me the solution was to manually specify the RAM frequency in the bios.
    And as if by magic the RGB started working again.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Even with new update my G.Skill memories (still) aren't recognized too!