cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDITION 10 CPU SPEED PROBLEM not nominal original frequency

luiiii
Level 7
HELLO
I HAVE SPEED PROBLEMS 😞 the cpu is underclocking ,,,do know why ,bus speed its always 99.8. mhz and screenshot stress test with rog cpu z
and this is old music partion installation ,, i made fresh partion installation same problem

3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
Bclk should be 100 unless you manually tweak it and there isn't a lot of room for adjustment because raising it by even a little causes system instability. The bus is more than just the CPU so changing it means changing everything connected to it. Your CPU adjusts the *ratio* to reach different clock frequencies while the bclk remains the same. For clock speeds your CPU has a base frequency of 3.3ghz but individual cores can run lower if they are not needed. The advertised 3.6 turbo is single core which means you would ideally have a single threaded task running and not much else. As soon as you start multi-tasking and loading up other cores you won't be able to reach that 3.6 without tweaking/overclocking.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Bclk should be 100 unless you manually tweak it and there isn't a lot of room for adjustment because raising it by even a little causes system instability. The bus is more than just the CPU so changing it means changing everything connected to it. Your CPU adjusts the *ratio* to reach different clock frequencies while the bclk remains the same. For clock speeds your CPU has a base frequency of 3.3ghz but individual cores can run lower if they are not needed. The advertised 3.6 turbo is single core which means you would ideally have a single threaded task running and not much else. As soon as you start multi-tasking and loading up other cores you won't be able to reach that 3.6 without tweaking/overclocking.

YES but I didn't touch anything and the also fresh other side partition got same problem so , a lot people told me select the f8 in bios to start as default , but the CPU is always underclocking ,, so what I should do ? at moment also the AI suite 3 don't start up for quick tweaking ah I have corsair double fan water cooling so shouldn't be problem overheating too but I don't think this is problem because the other partition fresh is graphics 3D workstation is everything kind ok , then just the CPU don't go over 3.5 MHz(nominal speed) always 1197 MHz max speed same as here
what I should do ?

xeromist
If this just spontaneously changed maybe the CPU is doing it on purpose for some reason? I would try going to the BIOS and manually setting the ratio to 33. See if it runs stable.

There's a slim chance you got some sort of bit flipped in the BIOS which is causing an unexpected behavior. Flashing the latest BIOS and restoring defaults again would be worth a try.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…