cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Manager Yellow Flags

Not_Enough_Rage
Level 11
I have a bunch of yellow flags in my Device Manage under Other Devices. Things like Network Controller, PCI Devices, Raid Controller, SM Bus Controller, and USB Controller all have yellow flags. How and where can I get updated drivers for these? Updating them by automatic search or Windows Update does not update them.
7 REPLIES 7

xeromist
Have you downloaded the available updates from the ASUS support site? Some of the categories can be expanded to show more downloads in case you missed something.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Not_Enough_Rage
Level 11
I don`t know which drivers I need. I tried the Chipset and LAN drivers. They did not help with those devices with the flags. I do not want to download a bunch of drivers I don`t need. Wish I knew which ones are needed.

Not_Enough_Rage wrote:
I don`t know which drivers I need. I tried the Chipset and LAN drivers. They did not help with those devices with the flags. I do not want to download a bunch of drivers I don`t need. Wish I knew which ones are needed.

I know with my Z690 Hero Maximus I had to install the SATA drivers to get rid of the dreaded yellow exclamation points from Device Manager.

J_Bish
Level 10
If the motherboard in your specs list is accurate... Then these are the drivers for that motherboard... Download all the latest and install.... If you have other peripherals(printer,monitor,mouse etc) then will need to download the drivers for those as well.

Not_Enough_Rage wrote:
I have a bunch of yellow flags in my Device Manage under Other Devices. Things like Network Controller, PCI Devices, Raid Controller, SM Bus Controller, and USB Controller all have yellow flags. How and where can I get updated drivers for these? Updating them by automatic search or Windows Update does not update them.

ahfoo
Level 13
Either you download all the relevant driver for your board or you look through driver page provided by fellow member MoKiChU driver page over at Z690 sub forum which is here.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Not_Enough_Rage wrote:
Not_Enough_Rage wrote:

Hi,

You need these firmware/drivers for your ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard :

[FIRMWARE] Intel ME (H110/B150/H170/Z170/B250/H270/Z270/B365/Z370)

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/SATA/VMD (1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

- Intel Chipset Drivers

- Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only)

- Intel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 1xx

[DRIVERS] Intel Thunderbolt

- Intel Thunderbolt 1/2 Drivers (Drivers Only)

[DRIVERS] ASMedia SATA/USB

- ASMedia USB Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - ASM1xxx

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - I217/I218/I219

[DRIVERS] Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth

- Broadcom WiFi Drivers (Drivers Only)

- Broadcom Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only)

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (Intel 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx & AMD Legacy 6xx/7xx/8xx/9xx)

You have an ASUS ROG SS2 motherboard, so :

You need Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx) from the first post of the thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Not_Enough_Rage wrote:
Not_Enough_Rage wrote:

Hi,

You need these firmware/drivers for your new ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 Hero motherboard :

[FIRMWARE] Intel ME (H610/B660/H670/Z690)

- Intel Chipset Drivers

- Intel VMD Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 6xx/7xx

[DRIVERS] Intel GNA (5xx/6xx/7xx)

[DRIVERS] Intel Serial IO (3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

- Intel Serial IO Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 6xx/7xx

- Intel Thunderbolt 3/4 Drivers (Drivers Only)

Drivers - I225/I226

- Intel WiFi Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 9xxx/AXxxx

- Intel Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 8xxx/9xxx/AXxxx

[DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (Intel 5xx/6xx/7xx & AMD 5xx/6xx/TRX40)

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) from the first post of the thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

You need these firmware/drivers for your old ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard :

[FIRMWARE] Intel ME (H110/B150/H170/Z170/B250/H270/Z270/B365/Z370)

- Intel Chipset Drivers

- Intel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 1xx

- Intel Thunderbolt 1/2 Drivers (Drivers Only)

Drivers - I217/I218/I219

[DRIVERS] Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth

- Broadcom WiFi Drivers (Drivers Only)

- Broadcom Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only)

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (Intel 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx & AMD Legacy 6xx/7xx/8xx/9xx)

You have an ASUS ROG SS2 motherboard, so :

You need Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx) from the first post of the thread.