cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is There a Z690 Advanced bios tutorial/Doc?

Lascivious1
Level 7
As the title says...
I'm looking for a video or pdf or something that goes over all the settings in advanced bios.
Not the basics. But, the in depth advanced settings. There is so much stuff and I would like to find out all that it offers.
I've built 4 pc's in my time including this newest one. it's been about 8 years since the last and bios never looked this in depth. haha
Anyone if something exists?
Thanks!

Thermaltake P8 Case
Asus Z690-E
EVGA 3080 FTW 12GB
NZXT Kraken Z73 AIO Cooler
Seasonic 1000W PSU
Samsung 2TB SSD 2X
G-Skill 32GB DDR5 6000
5 REPLIES 5

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

8 years is definitely a large upgrade gap 😄

What is it exactly you're looking to do? Most of the default petametres won't ever need changing.

If it's overclocking, I'd recommend checking out the Ai OC guides. The AI Tweaker page offers all the predictions you'll need for a decent per-core usage OC.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

8 years is definitely a large upgrade gap 😄

What is it exactly you're looking to do? Most of the default petametres won't ever need changing.

If it's overclocking, I'd recommend checking out the Ai OC guides. The AI Tweaker page offers all the predictions you'll need for a decent per-core usage OC.

well for one. when I set the xmp for the memory on EZ screen it set the ram tot he correct timings and put them at 4kmhz. but these are rated 6k so want t make sure I set these to their correct speed but also make sure all those other settings int hat section are correct. theres alot of **** lol
I would like to check and test cpu, ram and gpu and see if they can stay at their current speeds but lower voltage if possible and see how it could possibly lower temps.
Basically, would like to know the whole thing in bios. I like knowing what I paid for. lol

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Is this what you are looking for : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1700/ROG_STRIX_Z690-E_GAMING_WIFI/E19568_ROG_STRIX_Z690_SER... ?

Great Start!
Thank you very much.

AnnaFrost
Level 9

Thanks for the review, friend! I understand how difficult it can be to find suitable study material. Therefore, your guide is handy, especially for people without specific experience and knowledge. As for me, if I want to improve my professional level, I prefer to use the best LSAT prep courses in New York https://edureviewer.com/lsat-prep-courses-nyc/ about which I recently read an excellent review. Intensive classes with experienced teachers gave me confidence in the material and strategies to cope with the test.