cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus strix 3080 OC 10gb high temperature

Tmaragorn
Level 7
Hello i am getting quite high temperatures on my 3080.
Out of the box with quiet bios i am getting 80 degrees.
With under volt 850/1800mhz i am getting about 70 degrees.
Based on what i have saw on reviews my results are worse.

I am using Helios case with 360 rad mounted in the front with push/pull configuration and 3 exaust 140 mm fans(two on top and 1 on the back)
7 REPLIES 7

ahfoo
Level 13
It could be your GPU cooler not mounting correctly or your 3080 fan not working correctly.

ahfoo wrote:
It could be your GPU cooler not mounting correctly or your 3080 fan not working correctly.

Well i have looked around the GPU cant seems to see something that is not in order.

Nate152
Hi Tmaragorn

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Install GPU tweak III and set a fan curve or set the fans manually for lower temps.

https://www.asus.com/campaign/GPU-Tweak-III/us/index.php

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Tmaragorn

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Install GPU tweak III and set a fan curve or set the fans manually for lower temps.

https://www.asus.com/campaign/GPU-Tweak-III/us/index.php

Hey thank you for your response.

I have tried to run the card with fans at 100% couldnt lower the temperatures at stock settings still was getting about 80 degrees. Also all of the case fans to 100%.

Stock settings 80 degrees/ 77% fan speed.
Undervolted 70ish degrees about 60-63% speed of the fans.

Nate152
80c is warm but is within spec as max temp for the Nvidia RTX 3080 is 93c.

While the ROG Helios has a front glass panel that can somewhat restrict airflow, I'd expect better temps with the ROG Strix cooler.

You could leave it as is, or repaste your ROG Strix 3080 with something like thermal grizzly kryonaut. ASUS allows this without voiding the warranty as long as you don't damage anything.

Nate152 wrote:
80c is warm but is within spec as max temp for the Nvidia RTX 3080 is 93c.

While the ROG Helios has a front glass panel that can somewhat restrict airflow, I'd expect better temps with the ROG Strix cooler.

You could leave it as is, or repaste your ROG Strix 3080 with something like thermal grizzly kryonaut. ASUS allows this without voiding the warranty as long as you don't damage anything.

Hey thank you for your response. I will contact my retailer to check in with them because i have had issues with removing the warranty stickers before even if the manufacturer allows it.

Tmaragorn wrote:
Hey thank you for your response. I will contact my retailer to check in with them because i have had issues with removing the warranty stickers before even if the manufacturer allows it.

Did you solve your problem?

I had the same problem with mine. It reached 81º no matter the fan speed.
I sent it to RMA to the retailer and the will send me a replacement tomorrow.