Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi adam11998833,
    Do you have freezing issue since first build or after any settings or components changed?
    In addidtion to no OC, please also make sure all bios settings are default.
    Have you tried different RAM, SSD, PSU and reinstall OS?
    Thank you.
    Yes, the problems with the motherboard were from the beginning, all components were checked several times on several different disks, memories, power supplies, graphics cards, computer without any oc and all stock bios, these errors happen on windows 10 and windows 11 so this there is no difference, it seems to me that the motherboard was damaged since leaving the factory, my Polish service is not helpful at all.From what I see in other topics for people, the manufacturer replaced the boards with new ones and everything started to work, so it's probably something not working on the motherboard, maybe it's enough to fix something, solder some system
    Last edited by adam11998833; 08-05-2022 at 06:50 AM.

Moderator Array

Hi adam11998833,
    If you have cross checked all other components, please send your motherboard to our RMA for further examination.
    Please describe your issue in detail while send RMA as it looks like random issue.
    Thank you.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi adam11998833,
    If you have cross checked all other components, please send your motherboard to our RMA for further examination.
    Please describe your issue in detail while send RMA as it looks like random issue.
    Thank you.
    What address ??? The Polish service is totally unhelpful

ROG Enthusiast Array DragDay7 PC Specs
    DragDay7 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Z690-A PRIME DDR5
    ProcessorIntel i7-12700KF
    Memory (part number)Corsair 2x16GB 5600MHz CL36
    Graphics Card #1MSI 2080 Trio X
    MonitorHuawei MateView GT 34, Acer V247Y
    Storage #1Plextor PX-1TM10PGN
    CPU CoolerCustom EK Water Cooling
    CaseCorsair 5000D
    Power SupplyCorsair RM 750
    Keyboard SteelSeries APEX 7
    Mouse Logitech G403
    Headset Shure SRH 440
    Mouse Pad DreamMachines
    OS Windows 11
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U
    Accessory #1 Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2

I'm watching your threads guys. I think I'm aware of 6 cases of freezing PC on Z690-A Prime now - I get messages via discord and reddit about them from time to time.

I could workaround this issue myself by either:
    - disabling PCIE NPM
    - enabling Native ASPM
    - setting global CPU SVID voltage to adaptive +0.05v (other offsets works too, but that's what I've read works best)

As soon as I load bios default settings the freezing occurs once a few days.

I've bothered Starrain since march via PM, he's been trying to help me and probably is tired of reading my messages - that's not his fault. He finally gave up and said I have to use my workarounds or try another cpu/ram. You can share here your PC specs, SN and that's it. No one here is obliged to resolve your issue.

I went through Asus RMA process - my board came back without being fixed. Asus service from Czech claims it works flawlessly and blamed other components - I wasted 3 weeks on this. I contacted Intel - they ran diagnostic tools remotely, talked a lot through phone call to figure if it's CPUs fault. I reached out Corsair too - they asked me to do some steps to see if that's memory fault. That's it.

I've filled complain to Asus Poland (Bartosz S., tech support engineer). We exchanged emails for around month - nothing good came out of this - they ended up blaming other components too and said I could go through RMA process again. I wrote bad reviews to avoid cases like yours. Surprisingly Asus Poland replied to one, claiming they will look into it but no one ever contacted me. X-KOM replied too, it's nice to see people upvoting my review, but X-KOMs message wasn't helpful at all.

You're both covered by EU law - you can RMA your board over and over until you get a working replacement or a refund. It takes aprox. 3 months. I need PC to do my job and obviously I couldn't go this path.

My PC doesn't freeze anymore. I'm not sure what made it stop, but the issue is CPU socket or ILM or something around. Run TestMem5 with Extreme1@anta777 config at random moments during the day or when you'd expect your PC to freeze and it will throw errors. Using any workaround stops them. Those errors are probably the reason your PC will eventually freeze, but this is not RAM issue (unless yours is broken). Using single stick stops it, if not try B2 socket instead A2. You could remove ILM, try plastic washer mod, use contact frame, loosen up CPU cooler. Some of that voids your warranty, but there's no way telling you did it. There's some flaw in Z690-A Prime design and Asus won't admit it.

The amount of time I've lost in troubleshooting this piece of crap is unbelievable. But it doesn't freeze anymore. I guess my CPU and RAM got fixed by itself cause every Asus employee said it wasn't motherboard. /s
    Last edited by DragDay7; 08-07-2022 at 08:04 AM. Reason: clarification

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by DragDay7 View Post
    I'm watching your threads guys. I think I'm aware of 6 cases of freezing PC on Z690-A Prime now - I get messages via discord and reddit about them from time to time.

I could workaround this issue myself by either:
    - disabling PCIE NPM
    - enabling Native ASPM
    - setting global CPU SVID voltage to adaptive +0.05v (other offsets works too, but that's what I've read works best)

As soon as I load bios default settings the freezing occurs once a few days.

I've bothered Starrain since march via PM, he's been trying to help me and probably is tired of reading my messages - that's not his fault. He finally gave up and said I have to use my workarounds or try another cpu/ram. You can share here your PC specs, SN and that's it. No one here is obliged to resolve your issue.

I went through Asus RMA process - my board came back without being fixed. Asus service from Czech claims it works flawlessly and blamed other components - I wasted 3 weeks on this. I contacted Intel - they ran diagnostic tools remotely, talked a lot through phone call to figure if it's CPUs fault. I reached out Corsair too - they asked me to do some steps to see if that's memory fault. That's it.

I've filled complain to Asus Poland (Bartosz S., tech support engineer). We exchanged emails for around month - nothing good came out of this - they ended up blaming other components too and said I could go through RMA process again. I wrote bad reviews to avoid cases like yours. Surprisingly Asus Poland replied to one, claiming they will look into it but no one ever contacted me. X-KOM replied too, it's nice to see people upvoting my review, but X-KOMs message wasn't helpful at all.

You're both covered by EU law - you can RMA your board over and over until you get a working replacement or a refund. It takes aprox. 3 months. I need PC to do my job and obviously I couldn't go this path.

My PC doesn't freeze anymore. I'm not sure what made it stop, but the issue is CPU socket or ILM or something around. Run TestMem5 with Extreme1@anta777 config at random moments during the day or when you'd expect your PC to freeze and it will throw errors. Using any workaround stops them. Those errors are probably the reason your PC will eventually freeze, but this is not RAM issue (unless yours is broken). Using single stick stops it, if not try B2 socket instead A2. You could remove ILM, try plastic washer mod, use contact frame, loosen up CPU cooler. Some of that voids your warranty, but there's no way telling you did it. There's some flaw in Z690-A Prime design and Asus won't admit it.

The amount of time I've lost in troubleshooting this piece of crap is unbelievable. But it doesn't freeze anymore. I guess my CPU and RAM got fixed by itself cause every Asus employee said it wasn't motherboard. /s
    Hi, could you share more info on how did you set up bios? How is "CPU SVID" named in bios?

DragDay7 PC Specs
    CaseCorsair 5000D
    Mouse Logitech G403
    Headset Shure SRH 440
    Mouse Pad DreamMachines
    OS Windows 11

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I'd reported the extreme low voltage at idle 6 months ago. I'm starting to think this is a hw issue and has no possible fix.

And also reported the offset freezing problem. Please don't use offset if your board doesn't have adaptive. Is bugged and cause random freeze at idle. Doesn't matter if you set - or +, will cause freezes at any value.

We need an Asus response to this issues. If it's a hw problem, please do some recall to have express rma.

Never had this vcore problems with every other Intel generation when monitoring vcore.

Why it's showing 0.098v or 0.280v or values like that? It's Asus using a custom chip that software devs still doesn't have support?

Why never anyone respond to this? They see 0.098v and doesn't say anything?

I really don't get it.
    Last edited by trihy; 08-08-2022 at 03:42 PM.

DragDay7 PC Specs
    CaseCorsair 5000D
    Mouse Logitech G403
    Headset Shure SRH 440
    Mouse Pad DreamMachines
    OS Windows 11

Hi trihy,

I've replied to your post at overclock forum, but I guess you must've missed it. I've talked to Intel - there is no extreme low voltage. According to Alders Lake datasheet (1st pdf, page 176) vcore can go down even to 0v and still be fine.

Check my current vcore:

Looks bad, right? I saw it going down to 0.194v. It's been like that before and after I've managed to fix my freezing.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by DragDay7 View Post
    Hi trihy,

I've replied to your post at overclock forum, but I guess you must've missed it. I've talked to Intel - there is no extreme low voltage. According to Alders Lake datasheet (1st pdf, page 176) vcore can go down even to 0v and still be fine.

Check my current vcore:

Looks bad, right? I saw it going down to 0.194v. It's been like that before and after I've managed to fix my freezing.
    Hi. Didn't saw that. Thanks for taking the time to reach Intel support.

But some users reported here that when changing to another brand, it never goes below 0.700. It won't be that hard to tell us why.

Is that hard to have an official response from Asus?

I just have freezes only when using offset.

Edit. Read the document. It says something like VCC core = svid. Which is not happening here. And says running off from svid curve is considered out of specs. What is the svid curve for this CPUs? Just would be nice to have an explanation from Asus.
    Last edited by trihy; 08-08-2022 at 04:13 PM.

DragDay7 PC Specs
    CaseCorsair 5000D
    Mouse Logitech G403
    Headset Shure SRH 440
    Mouse Pad DreamMachines
    OS Windows 11

Yea, I've spoke with people who managed to fix their freezing by changing motherboard with another brand. I've seen their vcore higher than mine. Still, I guess Asus techs are squeezing all they can from CPUs specification. Since I couldn't get any info from Asus, I tried to pursue your case with Intel to see maybe this is the cause why I get freezes, but it wasn't it. I don't know if that voltage affects anything but it is within it's range.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast