cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update HAL in Armoury Crate

fountainhead
Level 7
Hi everyone! Just picked up a ROG Strix GA15. I'm trying to update everything but the software "HAL" version 1.3.4.0 and a few others under G15DK results in an error every time I try to update it (see screenshot). The error says "Sorry, we cannot finish the file installation. Please restart the system and retry. (Error code: 12)."

Anyone know what these are and why they won't update? Thanks!

G74Sx-BBK8 BIOS 203
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
8 REPLIES 8

Nate152
Hi fountainhead

Try doing a system recovery, then install and update Armoury Crate.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi fountainhead

Thanks, maybe I'll give that a try. Out of curiosity, do you know what HAL and those other apps that couldn't be updated are for? Are they critical updates?
G74Sx-BBK8 BIOS 203
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Nate152 wrote:
Hi fountainhead

Please stop advising users to do a system recovery, it is a reckless response and does not guarantee to fix the issue.

Users could potentially lose data by doing a system recovery, they may not be aware of that if they're in-experienced.

no kidding!!! hahahaha. terrible idea

this is a horrible idea lol

Private88
Level 7
fountainhead wrote:
Hi everyone! Just picked up a ROG Strix GA15. I'm trying to update everything but the software "HAL" version 1.3.4.0 and a few others under G15DK results in an error every time I try to update it (see screenshot). The error says "Sorry, we cannot finish the file installation. Please restart the system and retry. (Error code: 12)."

Same problem with mu CHKRAM Update... 27.11.2022 All the time it is some kind of trouble with the Crate and especially with this mouse! Can anybody help? I don't want to restore anything or reinstall Windows of format harddrive i just need everything working!

Dictation
Level 8
fountainhead wrote:

Update AC to version 5.3.4.0 in MS store and try again.
If you're using Windows 7, try Windows 10.

I have almost the same problem (see https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?131250-Update-Error). But it seems that you can't get any help here. It is not an option to tell people to reinstall Windows, install another version of Windows, or make a recovery backup. It is obvious that this is not the problem. Please start fixing your software, and really help the customers...