cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate / slow perfmormance

hosham23
Level 8
Hey, I have the M16 2022 With the i7 and 3050. I have a small problem out of no where and hope that somone can help me. So when I want to switch my keyboard lightning option to Static, it takes a time to load on my keyboard. The other options are fast to load but just loading or changing color of Static became slow. Also while rebooting my system this option takes time. I didnt have the problem from the start it just came out of no where and its really anoying because I always use this option. I have the latest Armoury Crate Version. So is there maybe anyone who could help me please?
13 REPLIES 13

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
hosham23 wrote:
Hey, I have the M16 2022 With the i7 and 3050. I have a small problem out of no where and hope that somone can help me. So when I want to switch my keyboard lightning option to Static, it takes a time to load on my keyboard. The other options are fast to load but just loading or changing color of Static became slow. Also while rebooting my system this option takes time. I didnt have the problem from the start it just came out of no where and its really anoying because I always use this option. I have the latest Armoury Crate Version. So is there maybe anyone who could help me please?

the static is confirm. is present on my units (Normal pc) and was also present on the beta testing.

Is not a problem. The ac code was improve and in order to make changes to the file and push to the bios has take some slow on static. Let me ask

C
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
the static is confirm. is present on my units (Normal pc) and was also present on the beta testing.

Is not a problem. The ac code was improve and in order to make changes to the file and push to the bios has take some slow on static. Let me ask

C

I also thought about getting older version of armoury crate but i think it wont help or it wont be worth it so i am looking here for some help

Thanks looking forward to hearing from you, I hope you can help me with that would be awesome 😮

hosham23 wrote:
I also thought about getting older version of armoury crate but i think it wont help or it wont be worth it so i am looking here for some help

Thanks looking forward to hearing from you, I hope you can help me with that would be awesome 😮

old version will not be possible. is not a thing that you can downgrade. I did send a text let me see what can be done i do not promise anything. but i thing that was done for a reason. I am tracking also some other issues as well. but 99.9% will not see it

I thing the code was improve to make the app faster and more responsive. let see what it can be done. Normally i do not post on forums. but i take some notes to try do duplicate stuff
Learn, Play Enjoy!

I suspect there's something else going on here, but it's possible that you could be getting poor performance due to the fairly bad memory leak in LightingService.exe (particularly if you have "Aura Performance Mode" enabled for smoother lighting animation). It's leaking over 1GB RAM per day for me, although the latest version has solved a slowdown I was personally encountering that seemed to go along with the leak. On systems with less memory, that leak is likely to result in poor performance after it has been running for a while, due to its pages getting pushed out to swap. After a restart of the service, it starts out around 12MB for me, grows to about 20MB fairly quickly, then steadily grows seemingly without limit. There's really no legitimate reason for it to be growing into the 100s of MB or past 1GB over time.

This is not something to do with services in general, but it seems safe enough for LightingService. Don't go around restarting other services unnecessarily or carelessly, and don't change the startup options without knowing what each service actually does (the descriptions don't tell the full story in some cases). To restart LightingService and temporarily clear the excessive memory usage, do the following:

1. Win+R, services.msc
2. Scroll down to LightingService
3. Right click on LightingService
4. Click "Restart" on the context menu

This will kinda break Aura briefly, but it should recover automatically and put the lights back to their last configured mode within a minute or so.

As I said, I don't recommend restarting services randomly or carelessly, but it seems to work ok for LightingService. It can clear the high memory usage for a while, and possibly other transient issues. It's less hassle than rebooting. Other services may not restart so safely or cleanly, and can break things if poked in the wrong way.

Your problem may well be unrelated, this is just something to look for and try to see if it gives any improvement.

Murph_9000 wrote:
I suspect there's something else going on here, but it's possible that you could be getting poor performance due to the fairly bad memory leak in LightingService.exe (particularly if you have "Aura Performance Mode" enabled for smoother lighting animation). It's leaking over 1GB RAM per day for me, although the latest version has solved a slowdown I was personally encountering that seemed to go along with the leak. On systems with less memory, that leak is likely to result in poor performance after it has been running for a while, due to its pages getting pushed out to swap. After a restart of the service, it starts out around 12MB for me, grows to about 20MB fairly quickly, then steadily grows seemingly without limit. There's really no legitimate reason for it to be growing into the 100s of MB or past 1GB over time.

This is not something to do with services in general, but it seems safe enough for LightingService. Don't go around restarting other services unnecessarily or carelessly, and don't change the startup options without knowing what each service actually does (the descriptions don't tell the full story in some cases). To restart LightingService and temporarily clear the excessive memory usage, do the following:

1. Win+R, services.msc

This will kinda break Aura briefly, but it should recover automatically and put the lights back to their last configured mode within a minute or so.

As I said, I don't recommend restarting services randomly or carelessly, but it seems to work ok for LightingService. It can clear the high memory usage for a while, and possibly other transient issues. It's less hassle than rebooting. Other services may not restart so safely or cleanly, and can break things if poked in the wrong way.

Your problem may well be unrelated, this is just something to look for and try to see if it gives any improvement.

Ehh no.
the high use of lighting services are cause by the ram sync with aura. if you unsync it that drops to almost 0. There is nothing it can be done. will happens with all ram all brands that use aura sync. (armory crate) lighting services has 2 purposes. 1 sync and 2. program the motherboard. lighservices is part of the file that creates the exel file to program the rom ,the aura chip on the boards. automatic will add the current configuration once you enter armory crate aura.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
Ehh no.
the high use of lighting services are cause by the ram sync with aura. if you unsync it that drops to almost 0. There is nothing it can be done. will happens with all ram all brands that use aura sync. (armory crate) lighting services has 2 purposes. 1 sync and 2. program the motherboard. lighservices is part of the file that creates the exel file to program the rom ,the aura chip on the boards. automatic will add the current configuration once you enter armory crate aura.

Nope, it's got nothing to do with RAM lighting for me, as I don't have RGB RAM. All of the devices it's controlling are ROG devices. I'm not changing it from automatic, just restarting it every once in a while, when the memory usage from it irritates me.

Murph_9000 wrote:
Nope, it's got nothing to do with RAM lighting for me, as I don't have RGB RAM. All of the devices it's controlling are ROG devices. I'm not changing it from automatic, just restarting it every once in a while, when the memory usage from it irritates me.

That i can not duplicate. on all test scenarios, once i unsync my ram lightservices still very very low. Here is my current computer task manager.
I use a z590-e and my computer is using what appears on asus z590-e website drivers, or what windows give. The images are without ram sync. i have test also these a lot. and without ram light services still the same

Since i can not duplicate, please report the issue and follow the post google forms to send the logs.

Learn, Play Enjoy!

I have been experiencing windows slow start up on boot, right after installing armoury crate.

i have clean installed windows 11 and installed all necessary drivers and software. upon installing armoury crate, windows starts to load start up apps extremely slow and after 10 minutes, it just finished loading all apps and even file explorer. i have tried uninstalling armoury crate using the clean uninstall app, upon restarting, windows 11 started up normal and fast again. Tried reinstalling Armoury crate and i was able to replicate the issue that windows finishes to load up or finish initializing after 10 minutes.

do we have any fix on this? i have been experiencing this issue for 6 months now.

X570-F - MOBO
R9
64GB RAM
Claymore 2 - KB

Murph_9000 wrote:

1. Win+R, services.msc

I tried it but still no luck. Thanks for trying anyway:rolleyes: