cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Armoury Crate 5.2.12.0 .NET

N415H
Level 7
I'm having an issue with the new update for Armoury Crate. Whenever I try to launch it, it shows that I have to update it. But when I proceed with it, it shows I have to install .NET. The link does not open anything when I click yes and I've already manually installed the latest versions of .NET manually. Anyone having this issue?

Also, after a while it shows the Error Code 502 to use the Armoury Crate Uninstaller and try again. I've uninstalled it using the tool more than 3 times already, but it still does not update. I've tried using an older version, which works, but Armoury Crate keeps auto updating oncce I restart or shutdown my PC. I even have auto updates disabled
11 REPLIES 11

DariusDavedane
Level 9
Hi!

Same 502 error code occuring at a lot of people. There are also several posts about it on Reddit.

I opened a topic here about this problem: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?130014-Error-code-502-with-new-Armoury-Crate-update!&

Asus suggested to reset BIOS to default, what I can try only later. Maybe you can check it.

cindernat
Level 9
My issue with this release is when I go to Device page and try to access my Ryujin, I get 'We are sorry. There's an error with the device page. The application is going to reload the device page now.' and an endless loop of this.

😕

Maybe you can try to install older version from the dropbox link what is provided here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/waq1ho/i_keep_on_getting_error_502_installation_failed/

( I haven't tried it, but somebody says there it works.)

And after installation I would somehow keep it away from the internet, because it forces to install this garbage update....

DariusDavedane wrote:
Maybe you can try to install older version from the dropbox link what is provided here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/waq1ho/i_keep_on_getting_error_502_installation_failed/

( I haven't tried it, but somebody says there it works.)

And after installation I would somehow keep it away from the internet, because it forces to install this garbage update....

I try to leave Armoury Crate alone as one time it screwed up completely and I had to reinstall Windows which ppl seem to think is not a big deal, but is if you have a lot of customisation and programs like I do.

This time it updated itself automatically, I wasn't given a choice.

cindernat wrote:
I try to leave Armoury Crate alone as one time it screwed up completely and I had to reinstall Windows which ppl seem to think is not a big deal, but is if you have a lot of customisation and programs like I do.

This time it updated itself automatically, I wasn't given a choice.

I tried installing Armoury Crate via the German installation wizard provided in Reddit. It works great as a temprary fix, I hope it just doesn't update automatically. I will block it from the firewall just in case.

Hope ASUS gets an actual fix out for this

N415H wrote:
I tried installing Armoury Crate via the German installation wizard provided in Reddit. It works great as a temprary fix, I hope it just doesn't update automatically. I will block it from the firewall just in case.

Hope ASUS gets an actual fix out for this

Unfortunately this software has had issues for years. After this PC I will not build components with Asus again, my experience with Armoury has been so bad.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Please try to download and install Net Core manually from here before installing Armoury Crate.
https://download.visualstudio.microsoft.com/download/pr/2887cb40-178c-4c1c-8fc1-ad5b8a29075b/33b8f9d...

N415H wrote:
I'm having an issue with the new update for Armoury Crate. Whenever I try to launch it, it shows that I have to update it. But when I proceed with it, it shows I have to install .NET. The link does not open anything when I click yes and I've already manually installed the latest versions of .NET manually. Anyone having this issue?

Also, after a while it shows the Error Code 502 to use the Armoury Crate Uninstaller and try again. I've uninstalled it using the tool more than 3 times already, but it still does not update. I've tried using an older version, which works, but Armoury Crate keeps auto updating oncce I restart or shutdown my PC. I even have auto updates disabled

Tried, error code 502 is still on the stage.

I have the exact same issue.