cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading G35DX memory

dec242
Level 7
Has anyone exchanged the stupidly pre-installed 16GB stick with two 8 GB ones? I'm wondering about compatibility. Thanks
15 REPLIES 15

oneframe
Level 7
Would like to know the same. I have this on my cart at my local retailer. Just waiting for a price drop and more info if this is fully compatible.

Kingston FURY Beast 64GB (2x32GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16 Desktop Memory Kit of 2 KF432C16BK2/64 Black

Anyway, I did get two Corsair Vengeance pro 8GB sticks to work, had to adjust the speed in the bios - which is fine BUT sadly, Armoury Crate tells me that enabling the Bios AI Tweaker disables manual Fan control which means that my fans are spinning out of control like crazy all the time and under minimal load, this whole PC is a loud mess most of the time. WTF ASUS? I WANT TO CONTROL MY FANS.

Thanks for trying it out.

So I did get the Kingston Fury Black 2x32GB 3200MHz. I had to set to manual and speed at 3200MHz to make it work. DOCP setting would only bring the RAM down to 2400MHz.

Once manually set, no issues encountered. I can't do any manual settings in Armoury Crate as it advised setting BIOS to manual would not be controlled under Window's own power setting.

Also worth noting Asus motherboard manual states a RAM of 4, 8, or 16GB. However Kingston states a max of 32GB. So I took the chance at 2x32GB it was fully recognized.

oneframe wrote:
So I did get the Kingston Fury Black 2x32GB 3200MHz. I had to set to manual and speed at 3200MHz to make it work. DOCP setting would only bring the RAM down to 2400MHz.

Once manually set, no issues encountered. I can't do any manual settings in Armoury Crate as it advised setting BIOS to manual would not be controlled under Window's own power setting.

Also worth noting Asus motherboard manual states a RAM of 4, 8, or 16GB. However Kingston states a max of 32GB. So I took the chance at 2x32GB it was fully recognized.

have you been able to get the fans under control? They are running extremely loud to the point where I'd rather let Asus ****ty detection use the 2133 mhz instead of making this noise all the time?

dec242 wrote:
have you been able to get the fans under control? They are running extremely loud to the point where I'd rather let Asus ****ty detection use the 2133 mhz instead of making this noise all the time?

My fans are normal and never spun out of control with the third-party RAM. What specific model do you have? Mine is the DHR-780 variant.

Remove armour crate and install
AI Suite 3 V3.01.10

On from X570-F mainboard support page.. You also can find a list of supported ram stickes on the support page of the X570-F mainboard .

Also check if the wire from the radiator fans and pump are connected to the correct ports on the mainboard. It was wrong on my PC

ChrisL1971 wrote:
Also check if the wire from the radiator fans and pump are connected to the correct ports on the mainboard. It was wrong on my PC

I wouldn't be surprised if they connected it to the wrong port. But do you mind pointing out which port it's suposed to be installed?