cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: Armoury Crate reinstalls every time I launch it.

lsbeller
Level 7
Whenever I press the AC button or launch the AC app from the start menu, it kicks off a complete reinstall of the app. Once it is installed, it works fine. Any ideas?

I have tried uninstalling AC and reinstalling it (multiple times) and did a factory reset of Windows.

X13 2021 Windows 10

Armoury Crate 5.2.12.0

Fresh reset of OS image
9 REPLIES 9

lsbeller
Level 7
FWIW, on a fresh install of Windows, there is no Armoury Crate install file to accidently click on - there is only the AC button and the AC program in the start menu.

I would also be open to any ideas on where to find the shortcut or pointer that pressing the AC button looks for.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
So you have the ROG X13 notebook and you want to use the dedicated shortcut key to launch Armoury Crate, is that correct?

I have the ROG X13 and I want to launch Armoury Crate and have it start the program not reinstall it which it what it is doing right now.

At least it installs ! For some of us, it's entirely broken since the latest update !

roger123 wrote:
At least it installs ! For some of us, it's entirely broken since the latest update !

😛

LOL

Are you launching the pressing Armoury Crate by pressing the dedicated shortcut key (above F4) or the icon in Windows?
Did you try going through the installation process?

Please go to the thread below and report the issue, see the "Installation Error?" section in the original post for instruction on how to record a log.

lsbeller wrote:
I have the ROG X13 and I want to launch Armoury Crate and have it start the program not reinstall it which it what it is doing right now.

lsbeller
Level 7
lsbeller wrote:
Whenever I press the AC button or launch the AC app from the start menu, it kicks off a complete reinstall of the app. Once it is installed, it works fine. Any ideas?

I have tried uninstalling AC and reinstalling it (multiple times) and did a factory reset of Windows.

X13 2021 Windows 10

Armoury Crate 5.2.12.0

Fresh reset of OS image

The latest update resolved this issue.

lsbeller wrote:
The latest update resolved this issue.

I am afraid it did not...

ctayyan
Level 7

It seems to do this for my desktop pc after a major update to the app.  Cause for the longest time it will launch for me then suddenly i get what your getting.  so i came to the conclusion  that there is an update for the app itself and not the component updates that you see inside the app like MB, ram, etc etc..  if you are getting this issue every single time you are launching it then ya i dont know, sorry..