cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL Issule DSL-AX82U-AX5400

TrebleTA
Level 8
Hi, So were to start. Orginaly on my ISP device I was getting download of 67mbs and upload 16mbs 15ms ping in games. swapped to my DSL-AX82U and noticed a little loss, download 64mb upload 14mb ping 17ms all was fine for sometime yet speeds seem to be around 60mbs and upload 12mb then something happened. ISP related line went bad so called the engineers 4 engineers later, think it's fixed.

Now this could be ISP related or my device, my download speeds have returned, but my upload has not. The SNG margin is sticking at 6 for upload, yet should be around 3. My download SNG margin is 2.8-3.2 once my speed returned.
At mo I get 60mbs down 10mbs upload so think there is a fault. This is were I am a noob but if the download signal is fine should the upload be fine so why has it not returned. So I've plugged my ISP device in to see will give it 2-3 days to see.

Have noticed my device is using a different DSL version see picture. Also can see in picture my speeds and basic ISP info. The ip address changes on reboot so just removed some mac ids
This is a Picture of the ISP device's default Setup page.
30 REPLIES 30

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi TrebleTA,
As I replied in another thread, we use the same DSL driver in all firmware version, so most likely it is ISP related issue. Please check or change ISP connecting cable to see if there is any change.
Thank you.

I do think its ISP related, but the above dsl driver version is different from one on the router.

Also my ISP is unwilling to do more as the min download speed is met, told upload is not cared about. So unsure what to do as you can see the upload signal margin is high.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi TrebleTA,
Have you changed ISP connecting cable to check it again?
Thank you.

I'm using orginal isp stuff at mo, it could be the cable so have ordered a 2nd cable, just to rule out, it's hard to tell with the cables I have as very short. will update soon as I get more info. I have my ISP still looking in to it, only after a long phone call.

A update, there is a problem, not sure 100% where but with my isp device my dsl speeds slowly increase. With my dsl ax82u the dsl speeds are slowly dropping.

I've changed the DSL cable and filter no change from above.
With the isp device download was up to 62745kbps and upload 1275kbps with the dsl ax82u apon connecting it dropped to 59xxxkbps and 10745 upload after 48hrs download now 57981kbps and upload 10709kbps

This is my WAN-DSLsettings, as you see there what they should be. I dont use IPV6 due to the dsl ax82u not working correctly when I do with some things like bandwith or VPN.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi TrebleTA,
I'll consult our tech team more about it.
Thank you.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi TrebleTA,
After consulted our tech team, the first screenshot looks like ISP device information, so the DSL driver version would be different on different device.
Although use the same ISP and the same device, the speeds would be slight different in each time. Because normally ISP let most of client use the same ISP line, the testing result would be effected by other client's operation. Also, the changing speed range you mentioned is within 2-3Mbps, it is quite normal.
It is better to compare testing result for the two devices at the same time. If you have concerns about DSL-AX82U, please test DSL-AX82U and ISP device at the same time.
If the SNG margin you mentioned is SNR margin, higher value for SNR margin is better. You can find the related information on the internet.
Thank you.

Thanks for the reply, I have been testing on the isp device and my dsl speeds slowly increase, connecting the asus my dsl speeds slowly drop so there is some kind of problem. And I know sky Boardband is one of the worst for it. Only limited devices work, yet yours clearly stated sky Boardband.

I am now in the process of trying to set up the isp device as a bridge, yet it dont have that option, so will put the asus in the DMZ. Will be doing in aday or 2.

On my isp device I was getting 68973kbps down 15365 upload since my problem, the asus will drop and hover around 57xxxkbps and 10789 upload. If I connect my isp device my speeds will increase like you see in the isp picture, that was only after a short time 24hrs.