cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura Sync. How to disable permanently?

pdemon
Level 7
Hi!

I have a problem with aura sync. Every time I plug in usb nvme ssd case the aura sync starts to rape its power indication LEDs. The controller starts to heat up because of this. The performance of the ssd also drops. I disable the checkbox, but it re-enables every time the disk is connected. How can I disable it permanently?

10 REPLIES 10

Nate152
Hi pdemon

You must be referring to the ROG Strix Arion, it might be a good idea to let it connected to your pc.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi pdemon

You must be referring to the ROG Strix Arion, it might be a good idea to let it connected to your pc.

That's the problem. I have an ssd case from ORICO and it has no color backlight, only power indicators.

I dont think it has to do with Aura Sync. Try in your bios C State to C-3.

ahfoo wrote:
I dont think it has to do with Aura Sync. Try in your bios C State to C-3.

When I connect the ssd enclosure, aura sync detects it and starts sending a signal to it. The indicators start flashing, non-stop, with an interval of one second. As soon as I uncheck aura sync, the operation of the flash drive returns to normal.

https://youtube.com/shorts/FHa3zXJ8dn4

Nate152
Are you currently using both M.2 slots on the ROG TUF B560-Plus Wifi motherboard?

Nate152 wrote:
Are you currently using both M.2 slots on the ROG TUF B560-Plus Wifi motherboard?

No, why did you decide that? This is my high-speed working mobile flash drive. Like any flash drive that should always be with you.

ahfoo
Level 13
I dont think it have to do with Aura Sync. Try set your bios C State to C3.

Nate152
I was going to suggest to install it into an empty M.2 slot but I see you're using it as a portable drive.

I'm not using an M.2 case but you can turn off the lighting for each device. What I'm unsure of is when you connect it if it will detect as a new device and turn on again.

Are you able to turn the lighting off on the unknown device, lighting tab?

I used the ROG Strix Flare II keyboard as an example, click the pic to make it bigger.

You show the "Devices" tab. This tab only works with ASUS devices.