cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark Hero Bios/Graphics Card Info

Rolda
Level 8
Why doesn't Bios show GPU information? (GOP/VBIOS Status ----- Select a valid GPU). The old GPU Strix RX5700XT displayed the information, the new TUF RX6900XT does not display the information. Dark Hero motherboard latest bios 4201.
9 REPLIES 9

AfterShock
Level 9
Rolda wrote:
Why doesn't Bios show GPU information? (GOP/VBIOS Status ----- Select a valid GPU). The old GPU Strix RX5700XT displayed the information, the new TUF RX6900XT does not display the information. Dark Hero motherboard latest bios 4201.

I have the crosshair viii hero with bios 4201 and it shows me the same thing, not sure when that started as it's been a long while since i've looked at that tab in bios.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Rolda and AfterShock,
Does it also occur with bios all default settings(no OC)?
May I have the serial number of your motherboard and graphics card(if it is ASUS) via PM?
Thank you.

AfterShock
Level 9
I cleared cmos and checked the tab in bios and it's the same, my gpu is from evga but I will provide the S/N of my mobo if you still want it, I do remember that tab working when I had my 2080 super

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi AfterShock,
Thank you for your reply.
Please send me PM to provide the S/N of your mobo.
May I double confirm your ram model is G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX?
Thank you.

AfterShock
Level 9
Ram is correct and pm sent

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi AfterShock,
Thank you for your information.
I'll consult our tech team more about this.

Rolda
Level 8
I cleared the cmos and checked the card in the bios and it's the same. I also tried older motherboard bios, also no info.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi AfterShock and Rolda,
After consulted our tech team, only some specific ASUS graphics cards will show information in GPU post.
Also, newer graphics cards are not supported.
Thank you.

Rolda
Level 8
I don't understand why, but ok. GPU works fine in windows.