Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    ROG Junior Member Array

Was working without any issue with latest version. Now I'm always getting 2005 error. Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Captura de pantalla 2022-08-14 144945.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	94594

ROG Member Array

The system OSD is not working. It does not display GameVisial OSD like in previous version and it does not display AURA Sync status like in previous version.

Windows 11.

Item Version
    ---- -------
    Armoury Crate UWP App 5.2.12.0
    ROG Live Service 1.5.10.0
    Aura Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.66
    Armoury Crate service 5.2.10
    Aura Wallpaper Service 1.3.4.0
    ASUS Aac_GmAcc HAL 1.0.9.0
    ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.5.15.0
    ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.2.8.0
    ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.40
    ASUS Mouse Extern HAL 1.2.0.3
    ASUS Mouse HAL 1.2.0.46
    AacAudioHal 1.3.46.0
    AacDisplay 1.2.27

New ROGer Array

Possible bug

This is possible bug with new armoury crate version:

I have ROG Falchion keyboard update and yes i try update it normally but it always say Update when i try did that. I can ignore it but it is bit annoying.

Device firmware: V. 32.72.02 - Date 2022/05/16

ROG Member Array

I have found that ArmouryCrateService is not started or even been installed. Without that its not able to get past the "Prerequisite Install" message. But even if I go threw with that "Prerequisite Install" and click "Restart Later" the software starts, but its missing a lot of functionality, like my ROG KeyStone.

New ROGer Array

Kaspersky problem?

If you use Kaspersky security sofware, that could be the problem. Uninstall Kaspersky and reinstall Armoury Crate again.

-Can't save adjustments to a preset in fanxpert , i need to save a whole new preset when i want to adjust something.
    -After some updates on the armoury crate the presets don't work anymore and i need to recalibrate and save them again, my old presets are still in the saved files but they won't work anymore that's so annoying.
    -Would be great to see your own preset too in the quick menu (for fanspeeds) .

-A few new RGB presets would be very welcome too, it's so boring....

ROG Junior Member Array

So what's the actual reason why Armoury Crate doesn't recognize my new motherboard - I went from a ROG B550-F to Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)?

Do I have to do a clean install of Windows just to get this program to work? If so, why should I have to reinstall my entire OS just for 1 software that I wasted $400 to enjoy using to work properly yet no other programs on this computer is having any issues or they were easy to fix?

There has to be some kernel level explanation as to why Armoury Crate doesn't even give me fan control... Yet AI Suite 3 works perfectly and doing clean uninstalls and re-installs are less of a headache this this program.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	297.7 KB 
ID:	94612

Item Version
    ---- -------
    Armoury Crate UWP App 5.2.12.0
    ROG Live Service 1.5.10.0
    Aura Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.66
    Armoury Crate lite service 5.2.10
    Aura Wallpaper Service Not installed
    ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.18
    AacVGA 0.0.5.3
    KingstonDram 1.1.12
    AURA DRAM Component 1.1.18
    ENE RGB HAL 1.1.39.18
    ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.9.12
    PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
    Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.4
    Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.1.0.2
    Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.3
    WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.14.0

Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar

As mentioned, swapping out the motherboard and inserting a cloned OS drive is not suggested. This is not a proper Windows installation, from a Windows standpoint, you are trying to run a registerd copy on a different system. Honestly, you're fortunate it's running at all, on older versions of Windows, the system would've crashed before you get to log in. If you are worried about activation, then it's best to contact Microsoft about transferring the license.

Please perform a proper WIndows installation first.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMiester View Post
    So what's the actual reason why Armoury Crate doesn't recognize my new motherboard - I went from a ROG B550-F to Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)?

Do I have to do a clean install of Windows just to get this program to work? If so, why should I have to reinstall my entire OS just for 1 software that I wasted $400 to enjoy using to work properly yet no other programs on this computer is having any issues or they were easy to fix?

There has to be some kernel level explanation as to why Armoury Crate doesn't even give me fan control... Yet AI Suite 3 works perfectly and doing clean uninstalls and re-installs are less of a headache this this program.
    Last edited by MasterC@ROG; 08-16-2022 at 07:19 AM.

ROG Junior Member Array

I feel stupid

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ROG View Post
    As mentioned, swapping out the motherboard and inserting a cloned OS drive is not suggested. This is not a proper Windows installation, from a Windows standpoint, you are trying to run a registerd copy on a different system. Honestly, you're fortunate it's running at all, on older versions of Windows, the system would've crashed before you get to log in. If you are worried about activation, then it's best to contact Microsoft about transferring the license.

Please perform a proper WIndows installation first.
    so all this while I've bamboozled myself when I swapped motherboards and cloned my OS to a new drive thinking everything works fine - when in reality my OS was corrupt and Windows didn't freak out about it. I'm so sorry for the fits I've been throwing lately.

Btw, thanks to Microsoft syncing the activation key with my account, I didn't have to worry about having to manually transfer or contact anyone, it happened automatically.

I've even noticed certain other functions on other programs that I thought were as they were to actually be working.
    Last edited by Silent Scone@ROG; 08-16-2022 at 10:33 AM.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PugMiester View Post
    so all this while I've bamboozled myself when I swapped motherboards and cloned my OS to a new drive thinking everything works fine - when in reality my OS was corrupt and Windows didn't freak out about it. I'm so sorry for the fits I've been throwing lately.

Btw, thanks to Microsoft syncing the activation key with my account, I didn't have to worry about having to manually transfer or contact anyone, it happened automatically.

I've even noticed certain other functions on other programs that I thought were as they were to actually be working.

Hello,

Cross-platform installations aren't foolproof or even advisable. Where possible one should always perform a format reinstall if installing a new motherboard as a matter of due course.

Whereas it can and does work in some instances it's purely there for consumer convenience, and Microsoft nor any other vendor guarantees the procedure will work. This isn't all that surprising given the huge amount of conditions that can occur depending on what's installed on the system.

Hope this helps!

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast