ROG Member Array

Thumbs up Armoury Crate Installer 3.2.2.3 stuck upon installation

The latest installer Armoury Crate Installer 3.2.2.3 does not download anything once it starts. I use Windows 11 Insider preview and when I launch installer it displays the progress bar that moves a bit and then is stuck forever. Windows Task Manager shows that it does not use any disk or network or even cpu resources.

I have already tried uninstaller, cleaning up everything etc. The problem is with installer or its access to the download servers

ROG Member Array YabaX PC Specs
    YabaX PC Specs
    MotherboardRog Strix X570 Gaming-F
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen9 5950X
    Memory (part number)32GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3600 RGB CL-16 (4x8)
    Graphics Card #1Rog Strix 1080 Ti OC
    Sound CardCreative AE-5 Plus
    MonitorAsus MG278Q -27" Freesync - 1ms
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo Plus Nvme
    Storage #2Bunch of SSDs + 7 TB HDDs
    CPU CoolerCooler Master ML240R ARGB AIO
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos C700M
    Power SupplyEVGA G2 1000W Gold
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Steelseries Rival
    Mouse Pad Corsair RGB
    Headset/Speakers 5.1 Creative
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC3200

just leave it until its done, it takes a while, i dont know why but when it starts installing, it triggers MS Store to start downloading the UWP app, the download doesnt start immediately and takes sometime, then it starts downloading after a while, anyway, after i installed it, it didnt detect my MB (X570 Gaming-F), too slow (on Ryzen 9 5950X), bad interface and flooded my PC with lots of bloatware and services, so i uninstalled it without a blink.

Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar

If you are experiencing issues, please go to the thread below. We can help you resolve it. Provie a log and fill in an issue report form (only takes a couple of minutes).
    If the log cannot help us in resolving the issue, we also offer to debug remotely. It is very rare that we cannot find a solution.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-if-any-issues
    Please DO NOT assume that everyone is experiencing the same problem. Every single system here is almost guranteed to be different.

Quote Originally Posted by YabaX View Post
    just leave it until its done, it takes a while, i dont know why but when it starts installing, it triggers MS Store to start downloading the UWP app, the download doesnt start immediately and takes sometime, then it starts downloading after a while, anyway, after i installed it, it didnt detect my MB (X570 Gaming-F), too slow (on Ryzen 9 5950X), bad interface and flooded my PC with lots of bloatware and services, so i uninstalled it without a blink.

Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar

Sorry, as you probably already know, we do not verify the software on systems with Insider Preview.

Quote Originally Posted by kahatanna7 View Post
    The latest installer Armoury Crate Installer 3.2.2.3 does not download anything once it starts. I use Windows 11 Insider preview and when I launch installer it displays the progress bar that moves a bit and then is stuck forever. Windows Task Manager shows that it does not use any disk or network or even cpu resources.

I have already tried uninstaller, cleaning up everything etc. The problem is with installer or its access to the download servers

ROG Member Array

I have managed to install Armory Crate from ROGLiveService_5.2.12.0 1GB package.

Now I am getting same 502 error that other ppl get. What do I need to post where?

ROG Member Array

Okay, I have solved my issue myself. This forum is no help at all.

Solution: uninstall (if any) older versions of ASUSSystemControlInterface (in my case it was V1.1.3). Install the newest version ASUSSystemControlInterface V1.1.4.0.

Then when installing ArmoryCrate DO NOT REBOOT after initial installation. Launch Armory Crate, it will download peripherals and only then you can reboot. Viola!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by kahatanna7 View Post
    Okay, I have solved my issue myself. This forum is no help at all.

Solution: uninstall (if any) older versions of ASUSSystemControlInterface (in my case it was V1.1.3). Install the newest version ASUSSystemControlInterface V1.1.4.0.

Then when installing ArmoryCrate DO NOT REBOOT after initial installation. Launch Armory Crate, it will download peripherals and only then you can reboot. Viola!
    Hello,
    Can you post the procedure to remove ASUSSystemControlInterface ? Thanks

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by roger123 View Post
    Hello,
    Can you post the procedure to remove ASUSSystemControlInterface ? Thanks
    In my case I have used:

1. ArmoryCrateuninstaller.

2. Then removed all files in:

C:\Program Files\ASUS
    C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS
    C:\ProgramData\ASUS

3. If it says that the file is in use, close all the Asus services from the TaskManager and retry