cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Control Fans with Ryujin II Fan Hub

themadman
Level 7
Just installed the Ryujin II 240 in my desktop, and I connected all of my case fans to the Fan/ARGB hub that came with it. But opening AI Suite and Armoury Crate, I can't control the fans, they seem to not show up. Are there drivers I need to download somewhere, or what am I missing?
4 REPLIES 4

Murph_9000
Level 14
AiSuite and FanXpert don't seem to integrate with anything (which seems crazy to me); they only show you the motherboard fan headers there (only on the board itself, the fan expansion card supplied with some motherboards also doesn't show up there). The Ryujin II control box / fan hub is controlled in Armoury Crate, giving you basically the same general functionality as FanXpert but for the Ryujin's headers.

Edit: the fan control on the AC dashboard also doesn't control the Ryujin. You have to open the specific device page for it on the AC devices list.

Murph_9000 wrote:
AiSuite and FanXpert don't seem to integrate with anything (which seems crazy to me); they only show you the motherboard fan headers there (only on the board itself, the fan expansion card supplied with some motherboards also doesn't show up there). The Ryujin II control box / fan hub is controlled in Armoury Crate, giving you basically the same general functionality as FanXpert but for the Ryujin's headers.

Edit: the fan control on the AC dashboard also doesn't control the Ryujin. You have to open the specific device page for it on the AC devices list.

What you mean by this " You have to open the specific device page for it on the AC devices list." exactly ? I have problem where i can't see my Asus Rog ruyjin II AIO Fan controller.

zaikoni wrote:
What you mean by this " You have to open the specific device page for it on the AC devices list." exactly ? I have problem where i can't see my Asus Rog ruyjin II AIO Fan controller.

On the left hand side of AC, there should be a tab/menu item "Device". Click that, then there should be a list of ROG/ASUS devices that AC has detected. Click on "ROG RYUJIN II", and you should get to the page within AC which manages the Ryujin. At the top of the Ryujin's AC page, there should be a tab for "Fan Control".

RogScott
Level 12
>> and I connected all of my case fans to the Fan/ARGB hub that came with it.

The hub does not provide any individual fan control. It is meant only for the Ryujiin-II radiator fans, and all fans connected to it will turn at pwm rate based on signals from the Ryujiin-II. I would recommend only connecting the Ryujiin-II radiator fans to it, and keep your case fans connected to motherboard headers.

The Ryujiin-II installation includes connecting it to a motherboard USB2 header (do NOT mistakenly connect that to a fan header!). Armoury Crate should detect the Ryujiin-II via USB, and it should show up as Murph_9000 explained above. Armoury crate will then have a couple pages for the Ryujiin, one that lets you control the display, and another that lets you set custom pwm curves for the pump, the fans connected to the hub, and the built-in vrm cooling fan.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Z690-E, i9-12900k, 2x16 DDR5, 980pro nvme x3, Ryujin-II 360, Strix Animate-II, Evga 3090 ftw3