cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A15 FA507RR ram capabilities?

Ragnaraz690
Level 11
I recently came to own a FA507RR through a competition.
Currently I use a FA506QR, Running the Kingston Fury Impact CL20 kit which I believe is PnP tighter timings without the use of XMP.

I have been in touch with Kingston about the DDR5 variant of that ram kit which they claim should tighten the timings of the DDR5 to CL38 over the stock CL40 as a PnP feature not needing XMP, though their rep suggested I contact you guys first to be sure of this.

I am going to take a wild guess and say the 507 doesn't support XMP, but what about the PnP tuning feature?
7 REPLIES 7

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Ragnaraz690 wrote:
I recently came to own a FA507RR through a competition.
Currently I use a FA506QR, Running the Kingston Fury Impact CL20 kit which I believe is PnP tighter timings without the use of XMP.

I have been in touch with Kingston about the DDR5 variant of that ram kit which they claim should tighten the timings of the DDR5 to CL38 over the stock CL40 as a PnP feature not needing XMP, though their rep suggested I contact you guys first to be sure of this.

I am going to take a wild guess and say the 507 doesn't support XMP, but what about the PnP tuning feature?

May I know which model you want to confirm first? FA507RR or FA506QR?
To avoid misunderstanding, can I confirm with you again that you are asking about the support function of the built-in memory?

Falcon@ROG wrote:
May I know which model you want to confirm first? FA507RR or FA506QR?
To avoid misunderstanding, can I confirm with you again that you are asking about the support function of the built-in memory?

Its the FA507RR I'm wondering about. Is there any kind of XMP?
Does it still support the plug and play tuning that Fury Impact kits use to tighten the timings to CL38 on the DDR5 kit?

Edit: Secondary question, who blocks the adjustment of the timing, is it ASUS being restrictive with the BIOS features or is it AMD blocking it on their mobile chips?
I have seen a couple of Intel laptops get XMP enabled outside of factory means and run fabulously, but I read in some places AMD chips refuse to properly adjust in certain set ups and crash with any kind of meaningful ram tuning taking place. Is that a thing per device and your firmware... or AMDs?

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Ragnaraz690 wrote:
Its the FA507RR I'm wondering about. Is there any kind of XMP?
Does it still support the plug and play tuning that Fury Impact kits use to tighten the timings to CL38 on the DDR5 kit?

Edit: Secondary question, who blocks the adjustment of the timing, is it ASUS being restrictive with the BIOS features or is it AMD blocking it on their mobile chips?
I have seen a couple of Intel laptops get XMP enabled outside of factory means and run fabulously, but I read in some places AMD chips refuse to properly adjust in certain set ups and crash with any kind of meaningful ram tuning taking place. Is that a thing per device and your firmware... or AMDs?

I have sent you a message, please check.
Thank you.

Falcon@ROG wrote:
I have sent you a message, please check.
Thank you.

C'mon dude, I even replied with more detail directly and I haven't heard squat back.

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Ragnaraz690 wrote:
C'mon dude, I even replied with more detail directly and I haven't heard squat back.

Sorry for late reply.
Unfortunately, the memory we tested was 16GB (DDR5 4800 SO-D 16GB 262P).
If you want to install a larger capacity memory to use, we may not be able to guarantee its stability and compatibility with you.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

Ragnaraz690
Level 11
I want to know if https://www.memoryc.com/40725-32gb-g...it-2x16gb.html will work with the new A15. (6800H RTX3070)

The 4800mhz version is CL34, the timings and or the frequency boost would really help the Ryzen CPU, due to the nature of DDR5 being self regulating I would really like to know if the A15 can make the most of these kits.

Ragnaraz690
Level 11
Any members of the forum able to answer this instead?