cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Zephyrus DUO 16 bad Wi-Fi

PiTpOsSuM
Level 7
Hi everybody,

I have a ROG Zephyrus DUO 16 with a MediaTek Wi-Fi card. Unfortunately some internet websites are very slow e.g. Google and YouTube. Other websites are working perfectly fine. Download speeds seem also be okay. I have tried serveral different settings and drivers but had no success.

On my Razer Blade 17 2022 all websites (Google and youtube aswell) are loading blazing fast, with the DUO it is like my internet is throttled sometimes. I'm connected with 1,7Gbits.

Is there any workaroung, seems like there is something wrong...
4 REPLIES 4

world
Could you explain a bit what you mean by websites are slow?
For example, is it taking a long time for anything to show up when you try to load the page, is video taking a long time to cache, is scrolling slow, etc.

Also, what browser do you use? Have you tried testing the slow websites with different browsers? (preferably one with add-ons disabled)

Any other specific websites or is it just Google and Youtube that are slow?

PiTpOsSuM
Level 7
For example when I type in www.gmail.com the Website is loading very slow. On any other device my mailbox is instantly opened. The same with www.google.de. Youtube sometimes does not load or the video pictures are appearing very slowly. Besides that my Office 365 Outlook does not connect instantly, it takes some minutes to get the connection.

I have tried three different browsers, same result.

I figured out that this behaviour is the same with Ethernet cable connected. Due to this is a Azure AD managed device it might be a new security realted setting. I will geht you updated when I got more information

PiTpOsSuM
Level 7
SOLVED: After I have disabled IPv6 on my network card and rebooted everything is fine...

world
Awesome- glad you were able to figure it out 😄

Also, thanks for sharing the solution--it's always good to hear how a problem was fixed!