cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC won't turn on with 2 ram chips

GunnyF
Level 7
I have ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING and got two 32gb 3200 ram chips to upgrade to 64 GB.

But when I put 1 chip in A2 and one in B2. The computer won't turn on properly. When I just have one chip in B2 it starts.
4 REPLIES 4

ahfoo
Level 13
GunnyF wrote:
I have ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING and got two 32gb 3200 ram chips to upgrade to 64 GB.

But when I put 1 chip in A2 and one in B2. The computer won't turn on properly. When I just have one chip in B2 it starts.

Did you swap the RAM to test it out?

Sticky_Charlie
Level 7
GunnyF wrote:

Have you tried to reset bios defaults / clear CMOS?

Andyh77
Level 8
Will the computer boot with a single stick in slot A2 and the other 3 slots empty? If it will not boot from that state then you have the same symptoms as me. See: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?129931-Strix-Z390-E-has-lost-Channel-A-for-DRAM
In my case I am hoping for a solution that does not have as a first step the purchase of a second motherboard to test by way of substitution.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

Please specify what kit.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090