Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    ROG Enthusiast Array Beauzinga PC Specs
    Beauzinga PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus XII Extreme
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-10900K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz CL16 DDR4
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 OC 24GB White
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27” G-Sync IPS 2560x1440 165Hz
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250GB M.2 NVMe SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H100i RGB Platinum SE
    CaseCorsair iCUE 4000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower White
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850x White
    Keyboard Logitech G915 Lightspeed RGB Wireless Mechanical TKL Linear
    Mouse Logitech G9x
    Headset Logitech G935 RGB Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QcK XXL
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine 2+ White
    OS Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
    Accessory #1 Secretlab SoftWeave Fabric Black3 2020 Edition
    Accessory #2 CableMod PRO ModMesh White
    Beauzinga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    37

    Exclamation ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3090 OC - Blinking Red LED

    Hi all,

    Recently I have noticed that a single red LED is flashing on one of the three power connecters, the far left one. I need to turn off my PSU at the switch to make it stop blinking.

    Attachment 94563

    This issue has only started recently and only appears when playing games.

    My PSU is a Corsair RM850x, I use three separate PCIe power cables as recommended by ASUS, the card is running at stock with the latest bios.

    You can see my full computer specifications in my profile.

    Appreciate any help.

    Beauzinga

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array ahfoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Reputation
    160
    Posts
    623

    Shutdown your PC, remove the main power cord from your PC power supply for couple of minutes (5 mins). Insert back the power cord and start your PC. This may help.

  3. #3
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array ahfoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Reputation
    160
    Posts
    623

    Quote Originally Posted by Beauzinga View Post
    Hi all,

    Recently I have noticed that a single red LED is flashing on one of the three power connecters, the far left one. I need to turn off my PSU at the switch to make it stop blinking.

    Attachment 94563

    This issue has only started recently and only appears when playing games.

    My PSU is a Corsair RM850x, I use three separate PCIe power cables as recommended by ASUS, the card is running at stock with the latest bios.

    You can see my full computer specifications in my profile.

    Appreciate any help.

    Beauzinga
    It may also PSU over load or cap not provide sufficient capacity load. It also depend how your internal peripheral drawing power from PSU, and not much juice left from PSU. 850W PSU my not sufficient power to drive 3090 let alone OC variant. But some of them claim it sufficient enough and debate goes on. It all depend the part and peripheral within your system power drawing from your PSU.

  4. #4
    ROG Enthusiast Array Beauzinga PC Specs
    Beauzinga PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus XII Extreme
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-10900K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz CL16 DDR4
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 OC 24GB White
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27” G-Sync IPS 2560x1440 165Hz
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250GB M.2 NVMe SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H100i RGB Platinum SE
    CaseCorsair iCUE 4000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower White
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850x White
    Keyboard Logitech G915 Lightspeed RGB Wireless Mechanical TKL Linear
    Mouse Logitech G9x
    Headset Logitech G935 RGB Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QcK XXL
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine 2+ White
    OS Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
    Accessory #1 Secretlab SoftWeave Fabric Black3 2020 Edition
    Accessory #2 CableMod PRO ModMesh White
    Beauzinga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    37

    Quote Originally Posted by ahfoo View Post
    Shutdown your PC, remove the main power cord from your PC power supply for couple of minutes (5 mins). Insert back the power cord and start your PC. This may help.
    Thank for the reply.

    This is what I currently do but still comes back.

  5. #5
    ROG Enthusiast Array Beauzinga PC Specs
    Beauzinga PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus XII Extreme
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-10900K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz CL16 DDR4
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 OC 24GB White
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27” G-Sync IPS 2560x1440 165Hz
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250GB M.2 NVMe SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H100i RGB Platinum SE
    CaseCorsair iCUE 4000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower White
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850x White
    Keyboard Logitech G915 Lightspeed RGB Wireless Mechanical TKL Linear
    Mouse Logitech G9x
    Headset Logitech G935 RGB Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QcK XXL
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine 2+ White
    OS Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
    Accessory #1 Secretlab SoftWeave Fabric Black3 2020 Edition
    Accessory #2 CableMod PRO ModMesh White
    Beauzinga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    37

    Quote Originally Posted by ahfoo View Post
    It may also PSU over load or cap not provide sufficient capacity load. It also depend how your internal peripheral drawing power from PSU, and not much juice left from PSU. 850W PSU my not sufficient power to drive 3090 let alone OC variant. But some of them claim it sufficient enough and debate goes on. It all depend the part and peripheral within your system power drawing from your PSU.
    What I find interesting is that I've never had this problem even when I've been using Asus AI overclocking for the cpu in the bios for well over a year now. It just all of a sudden started in the past few days. I have a feeling it could be a faulty trigger or a random high voltage peek.

    For now I have disabled the AI overclocking and just see how it goes with the power now.

    Cheers,Â*

  6. #6
    New ROGer Array TurboSlug65 PC Specs
    TurboSlug65 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX Z590-F GAMING WIFI
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-11900K
    Memory (part number)4 x Kingston Fury Beast 8Gb 3200MHz
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3090 O24G GAMING
    MonitorShark Gaming SG27-Q144
    Storage #1Seagate FireCuda 530 SSD M.2 PCIe 4.0 2Tb
    Storage #2Kingston NV1 SSD M.2 PCIe 3.0 2Tb
    CPU CoolerShark Gaming BloodFreezer 360 watercooling
    CaseNZXT H710 Black/Red
    Power Supply1000W
    Keyboard Shark Venator Gaming
    Mouse Shark Velocity Gaming
    Headset Shark Receptor Gaming
    OS Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
    Accessory #1 ASUS SBW-06D5H-U Blu-Ray Writer USB 3.1
    Accessory #2 ASUS ROG STRIX ARION SSD Enclosure
    Accessory #3 ROG EYE S Webcam

    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Smile

    Beauzinga, I've had the same issue on my 3090 OC - from day 1. And I have a 1000W PSU.

    My firm believe is that this power overload detection is WAAAAY too sensitive and poorly constructed. So I have chosen to completely ignore it.

    In the "GPU Tweak III" app, there is a nice Power Detect switch. Mine is permanently in OFF position and my 3090 still runs perfect, even when overclocked.

    Cheers.

  7. #7
    ROG Enthusiast Array Beauzinga PC Specs
    Beauzinga PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus XII Extreme
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-10900K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz CL16 DDR4
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 OC 24GB White
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27” G-Sync IPS 2560x1440 165Hz
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250GB M.2 NVMe SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H100i RGB Platinum SE
    CaseCorsair iCUE 4000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower White
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850x White
    Keyboard Logitech G915 Lightspeed RGB Wireless Mechanical TKL Linear
    Mouse Logitech G9x
    Headset Logitech G935 RGB Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QcK XXL
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine 2+ White
    OS Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
    Accessory #1 Secretlab SoftWeave Fabric Black3 2020 Edition
    Accessory #2 CableMod PRO ModMesh White
    Beauzinga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    37

    Quote Originally Posted by TurboSlug65 View Post
    Beauzinga, I've had the same issue on my 3090 OC - from day 1. And I have a 1000W PSU.

    My firm believe is that this power overload detection is WAAAAY too sensitive and poorly constructed. So I have chosen to completely ignore it.

    In the "GPU Tweak III" app, there is a nice Power Detect switch. Mine is permanently in OFF position and my 3090 still runs perfect, even when overclocked.

    Cheers.
    Hey,

    Thanks for the reply.

    From what I've gathered online, it seem that other people are also having this issue from 850w to 1200w power supplies. They do also mention to turn off the Power Detect in GPU Tweak III. Some people think its a bug too that ASUS need to address but do you know if disabling it via GPU Tweak III it will say off if I uninstall the software. Also is there any risks that come by disabling it? My computer seems to run perfectly fine and has been since day one.

    Cheers,

  8. #8
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array ahfoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Reputation
    160
    Posts
    623

    Quote Originally Posted by Beauzinga View Post
    Hey,

    Thanks for the reply.

    From what I've gathered online, it seem that other people are also having this issue from 850w to 1200w power supplies. They do also mention to turn off the Power Detect in GPU Tweak III. Some people think its a bug too that ASUS need to address but do you know if disabling it via GPU Tweak III it will say off if I uninstall the software. Also is there any risks that come by disabling it? My computer seems to run perfectly fine and has been since day one.

    Cheers,
    I personally do not think removing an add on software will cause any negative effect. I do not install any GPU Tweak III on my system so I cannot comment any about it. But those online wrote that it having issue with PSU which I do not think it a fair statement. I tried 1000W, 1200W even 1600W PSU with no issue. Once a while I did encounter blinking red light but what I did was to switch off the PSU and remove the main plug for a while, reconnect and it disappear. What my guess was the while the system turn off the power distribution may not discharge the GPU power completely. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •