cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove G752VY LCD Bezel Screw Caps?

SteelersFANinMA
Level 9
Hello, I just inherited my son's G752VY which I bought for him some years ago. I've been getting a vertical line on the screen on the Windows sign in screen that luckily disappears after singing in and doesn't show on my desktop or when I'm using the laptop. I would like to re-seat the LCD cable to the LCD or replace it if necessary. So, I'm looking for a way to remove the screen bezel. I did see one thread from 2015 with the same question and only one person replied in 2016, asking the same question, but no answers.

The bezel has 4 screws on the bottom/underneath and are hidden by some caps. I don't want to destroy the caps or make them look unsightly and am having a difficult time getting them out. I've tried micro flat head screw drivers and a utility knife razor but they just don't seem to want to come out unless I destroy them. I haven't found any threads or videos showing this process. One video came close, but the guy decided not to show the process after unsnapping the top part of the bezel, because he didn't need to take the screen apart.

If anyone has any tips or hints it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for any replies.
2 REPLIES 2

pndiode
Level 11
Those are adhesive caps and can be removed by using a pin or dental tool with a sharp point. Use a very thin coating of all-purpose glue (the kind preschool children might eat) coating to re-attach the sticky side or leave them off (I reattached mine).

just don't seem to want to come out unless I destroy them.

Someone might have used the wrong adhesive or glue.

Removed and Reinstalled

pndiode wrote:
Those are adhesive caps and can be removed by using a pin or dental tool with a sharp point. Use a very thin coating of all-purpose glue (the kind preschool children might eat) coating to re-attach the sticky side or leave them off (I reattached mine).

just don't seem to want to come out unless I destroy them.

Someone might have used the wrong adhesive or glue.

Removed and Reinstalled

Thanks for the reply and images! I didn't realize how thin they were. I'll give it a shot using your suggestions and won't worry too much now that I know what they look like.

As for the adhesive on the caps, it's whatever was applied at the factory. The caps are in virgin condition. No one has ever touched this laptop but myself and my son and I'm the only one who has ever done any maintenance to it. Thanks again!