Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Rockford
    On the website (passmark), i think there is a benchmark section, with scores..

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by grottslampan View Post
    On the website (passmark), i think there is a benchmark section, with scores..
    i wonder why do i get this low of score is less then half , 2723 and mine 1130 ? i can see my fps drop big time while running the test they go from 41 to 10 really quick (up and down , up and down ), do i need to install the throttle stop app ?

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array fostert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gilbert View Post
    i wonder why do i get this low of score is less then half , 2723 and mine 1130 ? i can see my fps drop big time while running the test they go from 41 to 10 really quick (up and down , up and down ), do i need to install the throttle stop app ?
    The 2D and 3D Graphics tests in Passmark are great for testing the stability of an overclock on your GPU. Run them individually for a long period each (say 600 seconds) to get your card up to a high temp; tweak the overclock using afterburner (or something else), rinse and repeat until the program locks or driver stops responding. Then back off a bit and you've found the highest stable speed of your card.
    I don't game either, but I do like to know my hardware is at its peak for the non-game graphics intensive things I do with my G74.
    --
    G74SX-CST1-CBIL, i7 2630QM 2GHz
    32GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz
    GTX560M 3GB DDR5 (192 bit)
    17.3" LED 1920x1080
    Sentelic TP, BIOS 203
    Debian Linux Wheezy (Testing) Kernel 3.2, NVIDIA 295.40

Quote Originally Posted by fostert View Post
    The 2D and 3D Graphics tests in Passmark are great for testing the stability of an overclock on your GPU. Run them individually for a long period each (say 600 seconds) to get your card up to a high temp; tweak the overclock using afterburner (or something else), rinse and repeat until the program locks or driver stops responding. Then back off a bit and you've found the highest stable speed of your card.
    I don't game either, but I do like to know my hardware is at its peak for the non-game graphics intensive things I do with my G74.
    let me gets this straight , you have your GPU overclocked 24/7 ? is that even safe ? i have never overclocked the GPU i would not even know where to start .
    i have the g74sx-bbk8 it came with the 2GB 560m what would b a safe clock speed to start at ?
    and what program is the best to overclocked our lappys ?

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

I'm not a gamer either... I can quit anytime I want!
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Quote Originally Posted by dstrakele View Post
    I'm not a gamer either... I can quit anytime I want!
    dstrakele do you have yours overclocked all the time ?

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

No, @gilbert - I'm on the stock clock...
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Quote Originally Posted by dstrakele View Post
    No, @gilbert - I'm on the stock clock...
    yeah i read that overclocking reduces the life of the GPU, also causes overheating of the gpu, and it can lead to catastrophic results ......

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array fostert's Avatar

Yup, OCed 24/7. However, I only OC to what the stock voltage can keep stable, and I don't touch the GPU voltage at all. Ohms law: Power (heat)=Volts x amps. Keeps temps reasonable and the speed is there for anything graphically intensive I might want to run. Yeah, it may reduce its lifespan from 10 down to 8 years, but I'm guessing I'll be growing out of the G74 b4 that.
    I use MSI afterburner. Allows OC settings with stock voltages.
    --
    G74SX-CST1-CBIL, i7 2630QM 2GHz
    32GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz
    GTX560M 3GB DDR5 (192 bit)
    17.3" LED 1920x1080
    Sentelic TP, BIOS 203
    Debian Linux Wheezy (Testing) Kernel 3.2, NVIDIA 295.40

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2