cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVX Offset

kastriot
Level 7
Hello,

I have ROG STRIX B660-F GAMING WIFI with 12700 cpu, now my question is can avx offset be added to bios because only option is to disable avx completelly, now i seen other b660 that have avx offset option, so what i am asking is maybe my non K cannot change avx offset or just this motherboard didn't included that option.

Thank you!
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
I don't think an offset is really recommended anyway. A single thread of AVX work will downclock the entire CPU. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmBDFYyFAcQ

If you're worried about Prime95, just disable the AVX test. That amount of AVX is not a useful stress test anyway vs what you'll encounter in a game or other random AVX instruction. Unless you are literally using AVX for work you likely won't encounter what Prime95 is testing. And if you *are* using this machine for work then you probably shouldn't be overclocking anyway.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

Non-K CPUs don't require an additional AVX offset as they're not able to operate above the maximum turbo frequency.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090