cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect GPU temperature value in FanXpert.

lalantha
Level 9
I see wrong GPU temperature values detected by FanXpert. I have a Gigabyte RTX 3070ti and the temp values read by Aorus and NZXT CAM software is same. But the value shown in FanXpert is higher and my fans speed up to lower the wrong temp value. Anyone else have the same problem here?
9 REPLIES 9

lalantha
Level 9
It seems like I am the only one having this problem. But I figured that FanXpert detects the GPU hotspot temperature instead of the core temperature which is about 10' C higher than the core temperature. This turns the fan speed up even when my GPU's core temperature is below 45' C. Is there a way to report this to developers?

No you arent the only one 🙂

I have that issue aswell.

akgis_ wrote:
No you arent the only one 🙂

I have that issue aswell.

Well, I cannot say that I am glad that I am not the only one. lol

What's your graphic card?

Asus Strix 3090

but everywhere else the temps are good, just there it seems it has +10

akgis_ wrote:
Asus Strix 3090

but everywhere else the temps are good, just there it seems it has +10

Yeah, that's because it detects the hotspot temperature instead of the core temperature. I really hope they see this and make the correction soon. It took them almost 5 months to show the GPU temps back in the selection after it's sudden disappearance.

lalantha wrote:
Yeah, that's because it detects the hotspot temperature instead of the core temperature. I really hope they see this and make the correction soon. It took them almost 5 months to show the GPU temps back in the selection after it's sudden disappearance.

It is frustrating that an application as practical as this one does not work properly.

1100R wrote:
It is frustrating that an application as practical as this one does not work properly.

They are sending UI updates for FanXpert but no fix for this one yet. 5 months without the setting and guess we'll have to use it for another 5 months to get the temperatures correct.

Same here with TUF 4090oc,

Hopefully they will update this. seems a bit odd that their own software and hardware would not agree...

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
I send that to the department. is reading the another sensor of the gpu. On the new Ac will be change it. and also some other improvement.

Is reading the memory temp. for use that we have control over the fans is night and day. I send public version and a beta version (working on that now)

Learn, Play Enjoy!