cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi issue DSL-AX82U-AX5400

TrebleTA
Level 8
I've noticed a problem, that if a wifi device is downloading a large file, and then if I try to access the AX82U web UI from another wifi device like laptop or mobile it will fail to connect to the asus Web Ui, this is the same for the asus app, no matter what I try, yet web browsing is un affected.
28 REPLIES 28

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi TrebleTA,
Is there any error message when fail to connect the webui and app? only can connect the webui and app when download finished? or can connect it by LAN coonection?

Does it occur when download the specific file? What is the file size and where do you download the file?
If you use other wifi device to download a large file, do you have the same issue?

Is the firmware version of DSL-AX82U v3.0.0.4.386.49608? May I have the asus router app version you are using?
Have you tried reset the router and only setup WAN and wifi, did the issue occur again?

Thank you.

Hi and thanks for all this help.

I'm using the lastest version of router firmware also asus app.

I've noticed it when the kids have been downloading on there devices on wifi, via there xbox ones pc or mobiles, I can still download on other devices also browse the web all fine untill I try to access the asus web ui or asus app. Soon as the downloads decrease the web ui responds. When this is happening, the web UI can load but it's very very slow, and incorrect info is showen and the asus app times out.

Connecting via lan, I've not- havent tried will do that later.
There is no errors in the sys log.

I've also notice when there downloading via wifi it's only 25- 30mb, which is not my limit, they should hit 54mb speeds when downloading like if I was via lan?
Also there connected via 5ghz.
Ive notice it on there xbox ones, as there always on them, if I limit the bandwith of the wifi devices Its fine.

Just tried downloading on 2.5ghz, downloading at 50mbps, and the web ui problem is not there. Seems to be 5ghz related.

My wifi-5g settings.
A update on the LAN, I can connect fine. so its only when downloading with the 5g and then trying to access the UI or app via 5g.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi TrebleTA,
If some device occupied bandwidth, it probably affects the connection speeds on other devices.

For webui and asus router app accessing issue with 5g connection you mentioned, could you please send a feedback to us right after the issue occurs and also record a video wehn the issue occurring?
Please check all logs and files in extra information for debugging option.

After send feedback, please share me the following information via PM.
- the email address you filled in feedback
- the issue occurred time and feedback sent time
- the mac address of the downloading device and the accessing webui/app device
- a video when the issue occurring

Thank you.

This has been happening for some time, in older Firmwares too, so logs ive sent in the past should show too, you know my email, the mac address of the d/l is starting 28:16:A8, and the device access UI is 44:91:60.

I can do as requested above but will take some time to do so, week or two now.

Also I've tried changing some wifi settings see image.
And notice it likes the higher range see pictures

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi TrebleTA,
I'm afraid you didn't mention the accessing issue, and not sure the occurring time in your past log, so it is difficult to sort it out with your past log.
If the issue occurs again, could you please send feedback and share me the following information via PM?
- the email address you filled in feedback
- the issue occurred time and feedback sent time
- the mac address of the downloading device and the accessing webui/app device
- a video when the issue occurring

Thank you.

I will be sending a log in soon about the above. but wanted to add that some devices also seem to lose wifi siginal for no reason even when I'm close to the router. As you can see by the log below. I've hidden a bit of the mac address.

Sep 1 13:14:52 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(494): eth6: Deauth_ind 82:C6:5E:AE:**:**, status: 0, reason: Station requesting (re)association is not authenticated with responding station (9), rssi:0
Sep 1 13:14:52 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(511): eth6: Disassoc 82:C6:5E:AE:**:**, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8), rssi:0
Sep 1 13:14:52 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(530): eth6: Auth 82:C6:5E:AE:**:**, status: Successful (0), rssi:0
Sep 1 13:14:52 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(540): eth6: ReAssoc 82:C6:5E:AE:**:**, status: Successful (0), rssi:-79
Sep 1 13:14:52 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(511): eth5: Disassoc 82:C6:5E:AE:**:**, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8), rssi:0
Sep 1 13:14:52 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(511): eth5: Disassoc 82:C6:5E:AE:**:**, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8), rssi:0
Sep 1 13:14:52 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(494): eth6: Deauth_ind 82:C6:5E:AE:**:**, status: 0, reason: Previous authentication no longer valid (2), rssi:-79
Sep 1 13:14:53 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(494): eth6: Deauth_ind 82:C6:5E:AE:**:**, status: 0, reason: Unspecified reason (1), rssi:0
Sep 1 13:14:53 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(530): eth6: Auth 82:C6:5E:AE:**:**, status: Successful (0), rssi:0
Sep 1 13:14:53 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(540): eth6: ReAssoc 82:C6:5E:AE:**:**, status: Successful (0), rssi:-79

Also this error.
hostapd: eth6: STA 82:c6:5e:ae:**:** IEEE 802.11: Could not add STA to kernel driver.
Not always that mac address.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi TrebleTA,
Was the devices showing no wifi connection or connecting but no signal?
For feedback of this issue, in addition to the information mentioned in above, please also share me the mac address of the lose wifi signal devices via PM.
Thank you.