Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

HiViz, Any luck duplicating the problem yet?
    Crosshair V
    Haf X case
    Phenom x4 965 @ 4150
    Eco alc 240mm h20
    16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3
    120gb Vertex 3 MI
    WD 2TB Caviar Black
    2 x GTX 680 (just upgraded from 2 x unlocked 6950's)
    Drives 3 X Asus ve278Q monitors

ROG Member Array

I've been getting more and more responses on various forums from AMD 9xx chipset users, not just 990fx series now.

2 Crosshair V, multiple Sabertooth, 1 MSI md80, and and a 990xa-ud3 user. Like me, these people have all been trying a lot of different things to try solving this issue...So far no one has had any luck ...

Hope to hear something either way soon
    Crosshair V
    Haf X case
    Phenom x4 965 @ 4150
    Eco alc 240mm h20
    120gb Vertex 3 MI
    WD 2TB Caviar Black

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array puma99dk| PC Specs
    puma99dk| PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Z170I Pro Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6700K
    Memory (part number)Crucial Balistix 16gb @ 2400mhz
    Graphics Card #1Galax GTX 970 OC ITX
    Sound CardAsus Thunder FX
    MonitorYamakasi Catleap Q270 @ 120hz
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo 250gb
    Storage #2Intel 530 480GB
    CPU CoolerThermalright True
    CaseFractal Design Core 500
    Power SupplySeaSonic X-760 80PLUS Gold
    Headset/Speakers Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Red
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterAsus Dark Knight AC

if i am not wrong, i think this is Driver issue with the AMD 990FX chipset, that does that GTX 680 SLi have massive fps drop, i have read that even on Nvidia's forum and if that's true, i think u need to wait for a Nvidia driver that fixes this problem.

what driver r u using? the newest 301.24 Beta? if not try updating see if it helps.

ROG Member Array

Yes, I have tried both the 3.10's and the 3.24beta, including trying on a freshly formatted hard drive, most of us with this problem have
    Crosshair V
    Haf X case
    Phenom x4 965 @ 4150
    Eco alc 240mm h20
    120gb Vertex 3 MI
    WD 2TB Caviar Black

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

I can not find a fix for this. My system has the same issue with SLi and my two GTX 680 cards

Things I have tried.

Flash graphic cards to each and every vendors bios.
    Overclocked the PCIe lanes
    More voltage
    Less voltage
    NB oveclocked/stock
    Used each and every Driver that will run the cards.

I am done this has been hecticly time comsuming and very unrewarding - You have no idea how much I get irritated by not resolving a problem.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array

Wow HiViz! sorry to be the source of frustration for you... I feel for you to spend so much time on something only to get stumped.

It surprises me to see that Nvidia has failed to validate 680SLI on 1 of only 3 chipsets available that will run a pair!

So I am left with 3 options.

Sit as I am with a 520.00 card on my shelf and hope Nvidia can fix their drivers for AMD and SLI.

Buy a new Intel platform, and really the Sandy Bridge E is the only serious SLI platform going. Intel has apparently forgotten how to build chipsets with enough PCIe lanes to run a serious rig anymore ...

Return the 2 680's for a pair of 7970's ...

As to the last option...

HiViz, Any word on what appears to be a very high RMA/failure rate on these cards? They look awesome, The Quad DP is a fantastic idea, the factory OC and cool/quiet is a great alternative to the 680GTX ....

....but on various forums, guys seem to be having a LOT of problems up to about a week ago ...I am able to buy a couple from local suppliers, but am more than a little nervous...

My upgrade is getting expensive and time consuming

HD7970 DirectCU II TOP Radeon HD 7970 3GB GDDR5 PCI-E w/ Dual DVI, Quad DP

...Should i be waiting a bit on these?

Thanks again for all your efforts ...it has been greatly appreciated

Karandar/Kevin
    Crosshair V
    Haf X case
    Phenom x4 965 @ 4150
    Eco alc 240mm h20
    120gb Vertex 3 MI
    WD 2TB Caviar Black

Ah not your worry mate, I am just one of those nutters who get their teeth into a problem and refuse to let go. I had one thread going here that I worked on that problem for nearly two months before we fixed it.

As to graphic cards, Intel are make the CPU's and it is the motherboard makers who decide how to lay the boards out. PCIe lanes is a vexing issue true, now I have gone the HD7970 route as that has given me the best overall performance with a dual card config. I would sell the two you do have and either go AMD or sell one and wait for the GTX 690 dual card to be released.

But really if you wan the max out of your graphic cards you are going to be clocking the FX cpu to the very limit of its heat envelope. Intel will be easier to get the required bandwidth from the CPU.

Tough call.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array

Heh! Just pulled the pin and ordered a new platform for my pair of 680's and 1000w PSU sitting here getting lonely...

Asus z77 Sabertooth motherboard
    Ivy Bridge 3770k cpu.
    16gb Low profile Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24
    Corsair H100 water cooling
    Corsair performance pro 256mb SSD
    1tb Caviar black,
    2tb Caviar green(for backups)
    Logitech G510 keyboard
    Win 7 Pro 64
    Corsair Carbide 500R case
    Asus 24x dvd drive

Hopefully be good for a few years with all this

Thanks again for your efforts HivizMan ... I guess I'll toss the 6950's back in the AMD system and start assembling my new rig in a few days time ...That's better balanced hardware anyway
    Crosshair V
    Haf X case
    Phenom x4 965 @ 4150
    Eco alc 240mm h20
    120gb Vertex 3 MI
    WD 2TB Caviar Black

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post

I am done this has been hecticly time comsuming and very unrewarding - You have no idea how much I get irritated by not resolving a problem.
    Yeah I gotcha... especially when you want it real bad to fix the problem... I try to always see it as a challenge which some people enjoy... But when you want it really bad then that's when people gets frustrated the mosts...

I get that sometimes in the situation like fixing my problems with my RIVE system... but I'm the type of person who also enjoy experimenting on solutions and enjoy playing with it... I usually take a break if I'm that frustrated lol... then go back in trying again... After all with PC's it requires a lot of patiences... which before I didn't have but I've found some inspiration...

Although I wished they had a reset button for clearing out the BIOS... like in my old P5N-D it did said that I'd require to take out the battery cells to reset it with the RIVE it has a button... but would be sweeter if they made clearing out the BIOS to downgrade to factory default...

Btw how do you flash bios for graphics card unit? lol I think I flashed the wrong bios on mine... the mobo instead of the gpu... rofl... but asus website said that 1305 BIOS is more stable for my kind of CPU...

Sorry all off the topic...

Btw HiVizMan did you debug the 301.24 Nvidia Drivers? That's the beta one and is that how you flash bios for GPU? lol sorry my bad guess I have a different terminology when it comes knowledge of PC... But I check it the Beta version which is 301.24 works for GTX 680... GPU... but I don't usually touch beta unless it's a gaming beta like Diablo II or III lol
    ASUS Entheustic <3r MOBO RIG: First RIG first custom built myself...
    Antec Darkfleet-80 (Antec said it's a new Full Tower ATX.. and also said copied from other ATX..) / Rampage 4 Extreme / Intel i7-3820 (hope to upgrade to i7-3960X but cannot afford on budget atm...) / EVGA 560 Ti OC 256-bit 1GB 4-way SLI Kingston XMP 8 GB 2400 mhz DDR3 / Cool Masters 1000w PSU / Phantek European design Heatsink for LGA 2011 /ASUS Blu-ray Drive / Seagate SSHD 500GB Momentus XT Win 7 64-bit Ultimate / AutoCad2000

The BIOS of a VGA is like the bios of a motherboard. You flash it the same way in fact. Not something to try at home folks.

But there are applications bios editors that allow the graphic cards bios to be adjusted to specific needs. This is not for novice users at all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast