cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74sx rma satisfaction! :)

grayrock
Level 9
I sent my G74X in for RMA because of a white dot that showed up on light backgrounds. Also for the keyboard skipping keys and the DVD writer was very loud.
Anyway, I wanted to give praise to those people at the Milpitas, CA RMA place. This laptop is now the awesome machine that it originally should have been. Everything works GREAT!
KUDOS and THANK YOU! 🙂
:cool:
11 REPLIES 11

BrodyBoy
Level 10
Great to hear a happy report! 🙂

Did they give you any indication of what they did? I.e., did they replace the keyboard?

BrodyBoy wrote:
Great to hear a happy report! 🙂

Did they give you any indication of what they did? I.e., did they replace the keyboard?

The only things checked on the paper was "Issue was Duplicated" and "Repaired".

Tom

PILGRIM
Level 11
So, not all RMA experience is that bad, after all.

Glad to hear of your experience, grayrock.:)
ASUS G74SX-3DE

fostert
Level 12
Thank you for the happy note! Good to hear especially considering the RMA experiences reported here are usually hohum to just plain bad.
--
G74SX-CST1-CBIL, i7 2630QM 2GHz
32GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz
GTX560M 3GB DDR5 (192 bit)
17.3" LED 1920x1080
Sentelic TP, BIOS 203
Debian Linux Wheezy (Testing) Kernel 3.2, NVIDIA 295.40

ANUBIS2130
Level 7
Im glad someone have a great exp. cause my suck . bought my g74sx from j&R music world in NY back in aug 2011. and on my 5th RMA thats
right 5th RMA. no one ever tell me this the issue or thats the issue just sends it back with what i believe to be a bogus check list. $2400 only game iv played on it and completed was streetfighter 4 . and every other game crashes from crysis 2 to starcraft 2 skyrim even my girl sims 3 game fail . from upgrade drivers to ram replacement to ssd to hhds reformats i try every thing all i can do is rma . this crazy they need to send my money and we can part way and shake hands no hard feeling. but again im glade some one had a good exp. i just wish i had a better exp. with this beast of a machine alas all i get usg******* or usa******** with a fedex shipping label. so sad

g74sx-a1
12gb of ram ddr3
nvidia 560m with 3gb of ram
2hhd 750gb a piece
bluray
1080 screen
with thx

City_Builder
Level 7
When I bought my G74 and got it home the 2nd HDD was DOA. I asked on the forum and people suggested that I RMA it to get it replaced or take the whole laptop back to the store and get another one. Since I had already installed a lot of software I opted to send the HDD in for replacement.

Took all of about 5 to 7 days round trip and had a new 500GB HDD returned to me, installed it, booted up the laptop and all was great. It was a very positive experience for me. Especially considering my last RMA experience was many years ago with Compaq when I bought a new Compaq desktop, got home and found the Power supply was DOA and Compaq refused to let me return just the power supply for replacement telling me I must return the whole desktop unit to them. For that one, I opted to return it to the store for a full refund and buy another brand computer entirely. This was ages ago though, back when Compaq was owned by Compaq.

Pitcher1
Level 9
did you tell ASUS service center clean for your problem? do you know what is repaire for your each 5th?

shineauks
Level 7
good info to me,,The only things checked on the paper was "Issue was Duplicated" and "Repaired".

evga
Level 9
you got to be lucky. Good luck