cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post code 58

mdrtaslim84
Level 7
I recently replaced my Am4 main board aio with a new aio from lain li galahad 360 series. I did clean up the old thermal paste and install a new one but did not remove the cpu from the Am4 socket. Everything was OK. Able to boot up. But I notice there's a post code error 58. Should I be worried? I did try to reseat the ram slots and run default settings. Or do I need to redo the cpu aio setup again? Temp running around 48 to 65 degree. While gaming it is around 70+.

Specs below:
Processor : Ryzen 9 5900x 12 cores 24 Threads.
Motherboard: ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME
RAM: Corsair 32GB ( 8,8,8,8, Running at 3600mhz ) Using DOCP
Graphics : ROG-STRIX-RTX3080TI-O12G-GAMING
AIO: Lian Li Galahad 360
12 REPLIES 12

pndiode
Level 11
Since the only thing you changed was the AIO (back plate too). You can try to loosen the four bolts around the CPU bracket one-quarter to half a turn each (spring or coil spring will still apply pressure). I hope that this will clear the q-code error.

Sometimes when I change out my CPU water block or reapply thermal paste, I get a Q-code 03 or Q-Code 55.

mdrtaslim84
Level 7
I see thanks. Currently using an amd cpu with 2 bolts setup on the radiator mount. I guess I need to loose these bolts and apply pressure bit not letting the spring compress fully?

pndiode
Level 11
I hope it works! Back in the days with fan heat sinks, this happened sometimes with AMD CPUs, no problems with Intel CPUs.

These days with AIO or CPU water blocks, the compression effect with springs or coil springs is too much when over tightened (some to the point of bending or flexing the motherboard/CPU Socket).

pndiode wrote:
I hope it works! Back in the days with fan heat sinks, this happened sometimes with AMD CPUs, no problems with Intel CPUs.

These days with AIO or CPU water blocks, the compression effect with springs or coil springs is too much when over-tightened (some to the point of bending or flexing the motherboard).

Noted. Thank you. However, the error code still shows even after doing the adjustment. So far, the PC can still boot up as per normal. I don't know about the long term effect. May call tech support or have the board replaced. Will monitor in the coming days. Again, appreciate the input. It must be something else

Code 58 is CPU self test failed or possible CPU cache error... So something is amiss... either pinched somewhere or try resetting the cpu in the socket... Also Id try just a standard heatsink to rule out cooler error...
https://www.asusqcodes.com/index.php?inputCode=58

mdrtaslim84
Level 7
Yes I just raise a ticket. But if nothing else works I may need to send board for rma. This board is expensive. Sadly. I don't have a spare cpu to test. I see how it goes for this week. If there's others out there who expedience this issue, do share.

mdrtaslim84
Level 7
I did try to run AIDA64 benchmark for this setup. Not sure if the data is normal. Do have a look. Is this considered normal. Currently running on ideal mode without any games running.

Until you figure out things, STOP trying to overclock anything...

mdrtaslim84 wrote:
I did try to run AIDA64 benchmark for this setup. Not sure if the data is normal. Do have a look. Is this considered normal. Currently running on ideal mode without any games running.

J Bish wrote:
Until you figure out things, STOP trying to overclock anything...

Yes, hence im running on normal workload. No overclock. Not running any ryzen master software. Stock settings.