ROG Member Array

Z490-E Gaming displaying default rainbow lighting at boot instead of saved settings

Recently my motherboard started displaying the default lighting (cycling rainbow) instead of the static orange color I have as the theme for my system. It happened after I had pressed the power button for 3 seconds to power it down quickly during a weather emergency. After booting back up, it always boots up with the rainbow effect. I have tried re-setting the lights on the motherboard numerous times and through different software (Armoury Crate, Aura Creator, and Corsair's iCUE). Nothing seems to be saving the color permanently to the motherboard so when I boot it doesn't return to default until the software initializes.

Any help on this issue would be great.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array ahfoo's Avatar

If you install the latest update of Armory Crate, this could be the cause. I think Asus is fixing the issue.

ROG Member Array

It did ask to get updated and I allowed it when the colors switched... that could be it. I hope they fix it quickly if that is the case.

ROG Member Array

The issue is ongoing. I've been trying to get Asus tech support for it, but it seems like it just keeps getting handed off to the next person who tells me they'll hand it off to the next person and nothing so far has been remotely addressed. Been trying to figure out how to fix it, but so far nothing has resolved it. Still boots up with rainbow effect instead of the static orange color I want it to.

ROG Member Array pdixon0 PC Specs
    pdixon0 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-11700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3733MHz 32GB (F4-3733C17D-32GTZR)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX 3070 Ti O8G Gaming OC
    Monitor3x HP LA2405x
    Storage #1WD SN850 500GB
    Storage #2AData SX8200 Pro 2TB (early version)
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black
    CaseAntec P120 Crystal
    Power SupplyCorsair RM750i
    Keyboard Steelseries Apex 3
    Mouse Steelseries Sensei 10
    Headset Steelseries Arctis 1
    Headset/Speakers Creative 8200
    OS Win 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterSky SR203 and BT Hub6 used as switch
    Accessory #1 6 x Noctua S12A Chromax.Black case fans
    Accessory #2 2nd Noctua NH-D15 fan used as case exhaust just behind the 2nd tower

Good luck with this, Armoury Crate is a complete mess! All my kit except my G.Skill RAM is ASUS ROG and 75% of the time my ROG Gladius III mouse has its Aura sync unchecked on boot up, that's if it even shows in the component list. Finding I now have to restart the Lighting Service and also the Armoury Crate Service to get this to work again. Until the next boot. This is on a ROG Strix Z590-E and Win11.