cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z490-E Gaming displaying default rainbow lighting at boot instead of saved settings

JohnnyGFX
Level 7
Recently my motherboard started displaying the default lighting (cycling rainbow) instead of the static orange color I have as the theme for my system. It happened after I had pressed the power button for 3 seconds to power it down quickly during a weather emergency. After booting back up, it always boots up with the rainbow effect. I have tried re-setting the lights on the motherboard numerous times and through different software (Armoury Crate, Aura Creator, and Corsair's iCUE). Nothing seems to be saving the color permanently to the motherboard so when I boot it doesn't return to default until the software initializes.

Any help on this issue would be great.
9 REPLIES 9

ahfoo
Level 13
If you install the latest update of Armory Crate, this could be the cause. I think Asus is fixing the issue.

JohnnyGFX
Level 7
It did ask to get updated and I allowed it when the colors switched... that could be it. I hope they fix it quickly if that is the case.

JohnnyGFX
Level 7
The issue is ongoing. I've been trying to get Asus tech support for it, but it seems like it just keeps getting handed off to the next person who tells me they'll hand it off to the next person and nothing so far has been remotely addressed. Been trying to figure out how to fix it, but so far nothing has resolved it. Still boots up with rainbow effect instead of the static orange color I want it to.

pdixon0
Level 8
Good luck with this, Armoury Crate is a complete mess! All my kit except my G.Skill RAM is ASUS ROG and 75% of the time my ROG Gladius III mouse has its Aura sync unchecked on boot up, that's if it even shows in the component list. Finding I now have to restart the Lighting Service and also the Armoury Crate Service to get this to work again. Until the next boot. This is on a ROG Strix Z590-E and Win11.

Cyelll
Level 7

apr 2023 and this problem still not fixed

drop4205
Level 12

Stand alone Aura sync an issue?  Im using 1.07.84 v2  as I cant stand armory crate

Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

i went back to aura v2 because of how bad ac is

Hello JohnnyGFX,

There could be some conflict with Armoury Crate and iCue.

Try unticking the plugins in the iCUE settings.

One of your other developers admitted they made this change in the newer Armoury Crate updates. Now every Asus motherboard starts with rainbow rgb until boot up. Why did they change this all of a sudden? It makes no sense. The older Aura Sync stand-alone version is able to keep your color during startup without even running the program. Why can’t the newer Armoury Crate just save them? Will this ever be solved in future updates? 

IMG_4968.jpeg