Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 BIOS 2004 dated 16/09/2022

ahfoo
Level 13

1. Improve system performance
2. Update ME version to 16.1.25.1885v2"

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/BIOS/TUF-GAMING-Z690-PLUS-WIFI-D4-ASUS-2004.zip
12 REPLIES 12

lalantha
Level 9
ahfoo wrote:

1. Improve system performance
2. Update ME version to 16.1.25.1885v2"

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/BIOS/TUF-GAMING-Z690-PLUS-WIFI-D4-ASUS-2004.zip

So, anyone tried this version on TUF Gaming Z690 PLUS WIFI D4? Should I go for it?

ahfoo
Level 13
I am using it for one of my system and running well. Having said that your system may different from mine with hardware and config. But honestly saying, I did not face any negative issue with this TUF Z690.

ahfoo wrote:
I am using it for one of my system and running well. Having said that your system may different from mine with hardware and config. But honestly saying, I did not face any negative issue with this TUF Z690.

Thanks for the info. I updated it and so far, so good.

For some odd reason, this new bios doesn't let me run my old setting. No matter if I import the whole set or put everything in manually, I can't run my memory at its dedicated speed anymore. Pretty annoying, hopefully they'll update it again soon.

Radical_53 wrote:
For some odd reason, this new bios doesn't let me run my old setting. No matter if I import the whole set or put everything in manually, I can't run my memory at its dedicated speed anymore. Pretty annoying, hopefully they'll update it again soon.

It a best practice to manually reconfigured bios setting with bios upgrade. You can manually set your desired ram speed only after you set XMP mode, the go to advanced tab, manually key in your speed from there. Hope it helped.

Thanks, but that wasn't the issue.

I'm not using XMP anymore but with this bios, I can't even use it. Setting my RAM speed manually won't work either. I was using 3600MHz before (RAM does 3800MHz), but with the 2004 version I can't boot anything above 3100MHz. Different gear modes won't change anything either.
I tried re-flashing, tried a bios with different microcode for the CPU, all to no avail.

The worst bios ever. And i cant go back to 1502 , where i can easy go 4000 mhz on memory without any stability issues. Now its with some magic can do XMP , but games getting random crashes. Good job asus ....

ahfoo
Level 13
Unable to roll back to previous version was already highlighted by Asus in the bios page. Every bios update do carried some time for the system to train up with the ram. We may share the same board but individual system may vary with different hardware config. You need to re configure your system every time you perform a bios update. Maybe you can list down your problem detail for member to help for solving it.

ahfoo wrote:
Unable to roll back to previous version was already highlighted by Asus in the bios page. Every bios update do carried some time for the system to train up with the ram. We may share the same board but individual system may vary with different hardware config. You need to re configure your system every time you perform a bios update. Maybe you can list down your problem detail for member to help for solving it.

>>>>Unable to roll back to previous version was already highlighted by Asus in the bios page.<<< It was NOT highlighted few days ago , now its DO. What can u help with if XMP works like garbage ? I know what setting my ram can go withour any issues on 1502 , XMP goes there in 1 click. Or u think u can find some magick button in my bios ? What a shame. Now i need to sit and wait till some 20++ , 30++ bioses to improve ram stability notes. And also unable to use my pc normally.