Headset Logitech G35
    Mouse Pad Perixx DX-2000
    Headset/Speakers Logitech 5.1
    OS Windows 11 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-AX86U
    Accessory #1 Logitech G13 Gaming Keypad

Quote Originally Posted by kaedex View Post
    Please help!

I got this 2004 bios and there was no warning when I downloaded it, now XMP is not working at all and I can't get back to the 0807 Bios that was working without any problems..

Here's my system:

Asus TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4
    G.Skill F4-4400C17D-32GTZR Trident Z RGB DDR4-4400 CL17-18-18-38 1.50V 32GB (2x16GB)

The computer keeps trying to post several times with XMP enabled in both 1 and 2 options, both memory slots are on the gray slots.

Is Asus aware of this problem?

Thanks!
    I feel your pain, but the only immediate solution is to disable XMP. Maybe try different memory sticks if you have the money to experiment, but no guarantees. XMP speeds may (or may not) work again with your memory in a future bios version, but there is no safe way to "roll back" from 2004 to any previous bios. So for now, your best option is probably to just disable XMP and run at stock speeds.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by RogScott View Post
    I feel your pain, but the only immediate solution is to disable XMP. Maybe try different memory sticks if you have the money to experiment, but no guarantees. XMP speeds may (or may not) work again with your memory in a future bios version, but there is no safe way to "roll back" from 2004 to any previous bios. So for now, your best option is probably to just disable XMP and run at stock speeds.
    Will they replace the motherboard with another one?

If not I'd rather sell this one and buy another used one without this bios version, what a terrible idea to release something broken and irreversible!

I'm already using the computer with XMP disabled at half the normal mhz..

ROG Guru: White Belt Array RogScott PC Specs
    RogScott PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix Z690-E Gaming Wifi
    ProcessorIntel i9-12900K
    Memory (part number)32gb (2x16) Corsair Vengeance DDR5-4800
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra
    Monitor1) MSI RPM3211U 2) Dell U3014
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro 2tb nvme
    Storage #22x Samsung 980 Pro 1tb nvme
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin II 360
    CaseCorsair 7000D Airflow
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNova 1200 P3
    Keyboard Asus Strix Flair II Animate
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Logitech G35
    Mouse Pad Perixx DX-2000
    Headset/Speakers Logitech 5.1
    OS Windows 11 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-AX86U
    Accessory #1 Logitech G13 Gaming Keypad

Will they replace the motherboard with another one?
    Probably not, based on this issue alone, since overclocking (including XMP) is not guaranteed by Asus.

How significant an impact do you see in actual usage? Or even in benchmarks? You may still be able to overclock memory manually rather than using XMP. If you do not want to mess with that, your choices are limited to waiting for a newer bios (which may or may not fix), trying different memory sticks, or moving to a different motherboard.

Personally, I find the memory overclock benefit minimal but I understand some users have different use cases where it is more important. All you can really do is wait for a new bios, manually overclock by experimenting with individual parameters, or look to a new motherboard (which may have the same issue).
    Last edited by RogScott; 10-08-2022 at 05:39 PM.

ROG Member Array

Please help!

I got this 2004 bios and there was no warning when I downloaded it, now XMP is not working at all and I can't get back to the 0807 Bios that was working without any problems..

Here's my system:

Asus TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4
    G.Skill F4-4400C17D-32GTZR Trident Z RGB DDR4-4400 CL17-18-18-38 1.50V 32GB (2x16GB)

The computer keeps trying to post several times with XMP enabled in both 1 and 2 options, both memory slots are on the gray slots.

Is Asus aware of this problem?

Thanks!
    Hi - Asus are aware but did not initially inform anyone, in the Bios description, that it was irreversible.

They have changed the description to show this, but it was too late for many who updated and are now stuck with Bios 2004.

https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards...HelpDesk_BIOS/

Regards

ROG Junior Member Array

System is now unstable with 2004. Causes memory issues in games/programs have to disable XMP. 1720 ran perfect. Wish I knew I couldn't revert back to 1720.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by RogScott View Post
    Probably not, based on this issue alone, since overclocking (including XMP) is not guaranteed by Asus.

How significant an impact do you see in actual usage? Or even in benchmarks? You may still be able to overclock memory manually rather than using XMP. If you do not want to mess with that, your choices are limited to waiting for a newer bios (which may or may not fix), trying different memory sticks, or moving to a different motherboard.

Personally, I find the memory overclock benefit minimal but I understand some users have different use cases where it is more important. All you can really do is wait for a new bios, manually overclock by experimenting with individual parameters, or look to a new motherboard (which may have the same issue).
    Considering it's at 2133mhz right now it's a huge difference, not to mention this 4400mhz kit is worth like 4 times a 2133mhz kit..

See the difference in fps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HasDFxvfOJs

New ROGer Array

Before the update, I was able to use the AI OC System with the ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 Hero motherboard and i9-12900k Intel CPU. It was working find till I saw an update for the motherboard that said performance improvements. Back in the day updates were good things. So I installed the update without a hitch and ALL I did was go to the AI OC tab at the top turned it on.. and the system can get to BIOS but either will have a blank screen, or the screen will have a windows image and freeze when I hit enter to start entering my 4 number code. I can get it to work on "default" settings. I really hope they allow us to revert back to 1720. Yaye to advancements in computing. : /

New ROGer Array

As a major motherboard manufacturer, ASUS should release the next BIOS as soon as possible.
    So far, many bugs have been reported by users, and it is impossible to respond to all of them immediately.
    So the first thing to do is give users the option to revert to pre-2004 BIOS.
    It is very unfaithful and unkind as a manufacturer to distribute the BIOS without notifying that it will not be possible to roll back, and to add it later.
    Thanks.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by ken_o View Post
    As a major motherboard manufacturer, ASUS should release the next BIOS as soon as possible.
    So far, many bugs have been reported by users, and it is impossible to respond to all of them immediately.
    So the first thing to do is give users the option to revert to pre-2004 BIOS.
    It is very unfaithful and unkind as a manufacturer to distribute the BIOS without notifying that it will not be possible to roll back, and to add it later.
    Thanks.
    I'll settle for what you say, that they release even a BIOS called 2004b or something like that with which the main change is to be able to return to previous bios, and when they want to improve on the current one, that they take a couple of months testing, that they take as long as they have to take.

But yes, it is urgent at least that, to be able to go back to previous versions. I have the system completely stock because this stock bios convinces me very little, it is absurd that I put me with the Overclock because as soon as I can go back to version 1503.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Jesseinsf PC Specs
    Jesseinsf PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme (Z390)
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 9900K
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMW128GX4M4E3200C16 - 128GB (4x32)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA - GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition
    Sound CardOnboard TOSLINK to powered speakers
    MonitorMSI Creator PS321URV (32 in 4k HDR600)
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe SSD 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro M.2 PCIe SSD 1TB
    CPU CoolerASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO (3x LIAN LI UNI FAN SL INFINITY 120)
    CaseLian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL Black (ROG Certified)
    Power SupplySeasonic - PRIME TX-1000 (80+ Titanium) - New version that doesn't trip from transient spikes
    Keyboard RAZER HUNTSMAN ELITE - LINEAR OPTICAL SWITCH (Red) w/ PBT Keycaps
    Mouse Razer Basilisk Ultimate with Charging Dock
    Headset Bowers and Wilkins P9 Signature
    Mouse Pad LOFTMAT (16x13 inch) Cushioned Gaming Mat - "The Gaming Slim"
    Headset/Speakers Vanatoo Transparent One Encore with Rel HT/1003 Subwoofer
    OS Windows 11 Pro for Workstations 64-bit
    Network RouterRAXE500 — Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream AXE11000 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6E Router
    Accessory #1 Microsoft Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2
    Accessory #2 2x Logitech BRIO ULTRA HD PRO WEBCAM
    Accessory #3 10 LIAN LI UNI FAN SL INFINITY 120 (Includes AIO fans)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_allroy View Post
    Hi all,

It looks like at least a couple of us have an issue flashing back to earlier bios with ver. 2004. Both with the UEFI method and the usb flash back will not work (3 usb drives and none worked). The bios setting to allow this is enabled. I have a Z690 Hero.

If you have this issue please reply to this thread so we can keep all the info in one thread. It will help if you list your MB model as well.

Thanks
    ( I should also note that the voltage issues found in ver 1720 appear to be fixed in 2004.)

UPDATE - It seems that real time ram timings can't be changed using Memtweakit or any other tool. Was working on 1601. Can anyone else confirm this?
    I thought you should know that you might be misleading people who view the "New posts" section because more than 2 Intel generations is on BIOS version 2004. My old ass Z390 Maximus XI Extreme motherboard's latest Bios is version 2004.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast