ROG Member Array

Question AURA com library does not see ROG STRIX RTX 3050

Early this year I built a new computer with an ASUS Z690 motherboard (PRIME Z690-P D4). One thing I wanted to take control of right away was the RGB lighting as I had RAM and fans that could be controlled. To do that I wrote a program (in C#) to use the AURA Sync library to detect and control all RGB enabled devices. It worked fine and I have a nice little program that monitors the monitor state and shuts off the lighting when the monitor turns off.

That was fine until about a week ago when I added an ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3050 video card. Armoury Crate sees the video card just fine and can control it. However, when I use the "IAuraSdk" interface to enumerate the controllable devices, I never see the video card. Here is an example of what I'm able to detect:

Code:
    Device: ENE_RGB_For_ASUS0 (DRAM) with 5 lights in 5 x 1.
    Device: ENE_RGB_For_ASUS1 (DRAM) with 5 lights in 5 x 1.
    Device: ENE_RGB_For_ASUS2 (DRAM) with 5 lights in 5 x 1.
    Device: ENE_RGB_For_ASUS3 (DRAM) with 5 lights in 5 x 1.
    Device: Mainboard_Master (Motherboards) with 1 lights in 1 x 1.
    Device: AddressableStrip 1 (LED strips controlled via motherboards) with 14 lights in 14 x 1.
    Device: AddressableStrip 2 (LED strips controlled via motherboards) with 14 lights in 14 x 1.
    Device: AddressableStrip 3 (LED strips controlled via motherboards) with 24 lights in 24 x 1.
    Device: AddressableStrip 4 (LED strips controlled via motherboards) with 24 lights in 24 x 1.
    Device: AddressableStrip 5 (LED strips controlled via motherboards) with 24 lights in 24 x 1.
    Device: AddressableStrip 6 (LED strips controlled via motherboards) with 24 lights in 24 x 1.
    Device: AddressableStrip 7 (LED strips controlled via motherboards) with 24 lights in 24 x 1.
    Does anyone have an idea as to why the library can't see the video card when Armoury Crate is able to?
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 20220922_172206.jpg  

Last edited by StuffOfInterest; 09-22-2022 at 09:29 PM.

ROG Member Array

With two weeks without a reply here, is there a better forum for asking questions regarding the Aura Sync API?

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix Z690-F Gaming WiFi
    Processori7-12700KF
    Memory (part number)Kingston Fury Beast 16GB (2x8GB) 6000MT/s (KF560C40BBK2-16)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 3090 Ti LC OC
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK Quantum Velocity2
    CaseThermaltake Tower 900
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600 T2
    Keyboard ROG Falchion NX / Strix Flare II/Azoth
    Mouse ROG Chakram X/Chakram Core/Spatha X/Harpe Ace
    Headset ROG Delta S Animate
    Mouse Pad Steelseries Prism XL / ROG Scabbard II/Hone Ace
    OS Windows 11 Home
    Accessory #1 2x Swiftech Maelstrom X300 D5 V2
    Accessory #2 2x Hardware Labs SR2 560 MP radiators
    Accessory #3 Lamptron FC-5 V3 fan controller

Hello Stuff0fInterest

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Not knowing exactly what you've done, I'll lean towards the program you wrote that's interacting with Armoury Crate having something to do with your ROG Strix RTX 3050 not showing up in the Aura Sync library.

I'm using the ROG Strix RTX 3090 Ti LC OC and it is showing in the Aura Sync library.

Click the pic to make it bigger.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3090 ti.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	513.2 KB 
ID:	95462

ROG Member Array

Try installing NVidia driver 512.95, if so you are running into the same issue as my community: https://github.com/ChromaControl/Chr...rol/issues/178

Nate if this is the case this seems to be a bug / issue in either nvidia drivers or the latest GPU Aura SDKs and should be forwarded to engineering.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by VeryCrushed View Post
    Try installing NVidia driver 512.95, if so you are running into the same issue as my community: https://github.com/ChromaControl/Chr...rol/issues/178

Nate if this is the case this seems to be a bug / issue in either nvidia drivers or the latest GPU Aura SDKs and should be forwarded to engineering.
    I'm already running 517.48, do you see any reason to downgrade?