cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG348Q keeps losing sound via DP

squirk
Level 7
I've had my PG348Q for almost five years now, and the entire time, it's been connected to my Dell XPS desktop via Display Port.

I've been using the monitor's little speakers for audio when I don't need high quality or high volume. The sound isn't great through those speakers, but it's adequate. Never had any problems with speaker connectivity.

Over the last month or so, however, I've noticed that Windows seems to be "losing" the sound connection to the speakers.

When I click on the speaker icon, Windows Troubleshooting launches, and it asks "Do we have your consent to proceed with the diagnostics and try automated steps to fix the problem?", I click "yes," and after 10-15 seconds, the sound connection is restored. But it never sticks. Eventually, the PC loses the speaker connection again, and I have to repeat the troubleshooting all over again whenever I want audio through the monitor's speakers.

AFAIK, all of my drivers are current, so I am not sure what's going on here. So I'd be grateful for any suggestions on what I can do to make this issue stop.

Please and thank you.
0 REPLIES 0