cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 and AI Suite installer issue

nuno_cruz
Level 7
Hi there,

I have a ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO and unfortunately something really bad happened with my system that I got 4 consecutive BSOD's and eventually the system wouldn't boot. After formatting and getting all the drivers and tools I realized that with the latest version of windows 10 (updates and all) the AI Suite installer (regardless of version) simply do not start up. When you run the Setup executable, the app starts but it just hangs, showing no window at all but when opening up the task manager you can see it there running.

Has anyone faced this issue before and found a workaround
12 REPLIES 12

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi nuno_cruz,
Do you mean the issue occur after reinstall windows 10 without any third party apps installed?
Did you click AsusSetup.exe or Setup.exe to install AI Suite? Please install it through AsusSetup.exe.
If have the same result with AsusSetup.exe, please try reinstalling AI Suite 3 V3.00.69 on bios 8601 with bios all default settings(no OC).
Thank you.

nuno_cruz
Level 7
Hi there,

Yes the issue is occurring after a fresh install with no 3rd party software and with all the windows updates installed.

I honestly tried both installers with the same result. But definitely ran AsusSetup.exe

I have reset all bio settings too, and tried to install with no success either.

Any other advice on what I can do?

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi nuno_cruz,
Do you have another hard disk to reinstall windows and install AI Suite 3 V3.00.69 before windows update?
Thank you.

Hi again,

Unfortunately this isn't working either. I even went back to the original windows DVD I have, no internet connection at all and the AI Suite AsusSetup still does not run.

Could this be related to the latest BIOS?

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi nuno_cruz,
If you tried installing AI Suite 3 V3.00.69 but not working, please download AI Suite 3 Cleaner from the link below.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/14Utilities/UninstallAI3Tool_1.00.04.zip
Then, please use it to uninstall AI Suite and reinstall AI Suite 3 V3.00.69 again.

If it is still not working, may I have the following information?
- the serial number of your motherboard via PM
- the brand and model name of your CPU, ram, graphics card, PSU and OS drive
(Please check the specific model name of ram such as G.SKILL F4-4600C18D-16GTRG.)
- OS version and OS build
If you have concerns about the latest BIOS, you can try USB BIOS Flashback to downgrade BIOS version.
Thank you.

nuno_cruz
Level 7
Thank you for your continuing help.
That little program didn't work so well:
Even with this output, I tried to reinstall AI suite and still no success. The same thing happens, which is nothing.

But there's a silver lining in your last suggestion. I just reverted to BIOS 8101 and AI Suite installer now opens.

So there you go, for anyone that comes into this thread. If you have AI suite installed and upgrade the BIOS all is well. But if you have a fresh windows installation and the latest BIOS AI Suite installers won't work.
I must also point out that the system flakiness that I was experiencing since the crash is immediately gone. This was something that was not happening right after installing the latest BIOS, but only later. Regardless I would say and advice for ASUS ROG Crossair VI Hero users to stay away from the latest BIOS.

I will leave my machine information here nonetheless in case someone with the same motherboard faces the same issue.

Here's my setup information:
Motherboard: Asus rog crossair VI Hero
CPU - AMD RYZEN 7 1700 3.0Ghz
GPU - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB (https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/palit-gtx-1080-jetstream.b3613)
PSU - Cooler Master V550 (550 watt)
OS drive - Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2
RAM - Crossair Vengance 16GB (8GB x2) CMK16GBX4M2B3200C16 3200Mhz DD4 Ver. 5.22
- Windows 10 Home
- Version 21H2
- OS build 19044.2075
- Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi nuno_cruz,
May I double confirm you have installed AI Suite successfully on bios 8601 and have the issue after reinstall windows 10 on 8601?
Could you please help to share your motherboard serial number to me via pm?
Thank you.

nuno_cruz
Level 7
Hi again,

No that is not the case.

I had AI suite installed on my machine that was running with BIOS 8101. Recently I updated to BIOS 8601. AI Suite kept working with no issues.
Eventually my computer started to malfunction last week, I could notice flakiness in the mouse and small tiny freezes. This monday I got 4 BSOD's of the kind PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, this lead my computer to be unable to start.

I created a recovery pen drive and reinstalled the computer, the flakiness got worse and the freezes would go for longer. Eventually a freeze lead to another BSOD of the kind DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. That's when I created then this thread and have been trying all that you suggested. What finally worked was to revert the BIOS, it elemitaned the flakiness, the freezes and allowed AI Suite to run again.

I will pm you the mother board SN.

Best,
Nuno

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi nuno_cruz,
May I know what apps and how long you ran the apps before got BSOD or freezing on bios 8601?
Looks like it was working flawlessly on bios 8601 for a while but had issues later. Was there any settings or components changed before BSOD or freezing issues occurred?

I'm afraid the number in pm is not motherboard SN. Could you please help to refer to the following link to check SN again? It is no "-" in SN and the beginning is alphabet.
https://www.asus.com/support/article/566
Thank you.